HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

Beware of Hybrid Battery Repair.com

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 06:52 PM
Enthusiast
Angry Beware of Hybrid Battery Repair.com

Well, I don't know where to begin. I sent my 2003 Honda Civic IMA battery to hybrid-battery-repair.com a long long time ago about a year or more. I didn't have any trouble with them and felt comfortable sending them my battery. They had it back in a about 5-6 weeks.

The IMA light and check engine light went off and all was well for about 3 months. I then got the check engine light. If I reset it, it would stay off for a week or so then turn back on. After about a month of this, the IMA light came on and would not stay off after a reset.

I contacted hybrid battery repair.com and had a hard time getting them to send me a crate and fix the battery. They finally sent me a crate and have had my IMA battery for over 4 MONTHS!

Now I can't get ahold of anyone, Brian had been my point of contact.

Based on my experience, I would NOT send your battery to these guys. I have sent countless emails and called them many many times. Brian is always out of the office or sick. I leave a message and can't get them to return my call.

I will keep you all posted on how things go... Wish me luck..

Has anyone had a bad experience with these guys or have any suggestions on how to get my IMA battery back?

Old 12-06-2011, 07:57 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Beware of Hybrid Battery Repair.com

I have been having issues with them as well. I ordered an MPI board from them based on their recommendation over the summer. That did not fix the problem. Ron told me the battery must be bad, so I ordered a better battery and was told it would be 3 to 4 weeks and I could return the MPI board for a refund. It took over 2 months to get the battery but it works great. I sent in the MPI board and the battery core 4 weeks ago. They have not credited me any money nor have they returned messages or emails. Not sure what to do at this point.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:40 AM
Active Enthusiast

Check BBB rating of any business before you deal with them.
Their current rating is the lowest possible (F). http://www.bbb.org/NYC/business-revi...and-ny-118800/

Old 12-06-2011, 10:33 AM
Enthusiast

Update of my situation. I decided to give them one more chance before I went to the court house to start a civil suit. I called them and gave them a heads up that I would be filing a civil suit the next day in an attempt to get my IMA battery back. Diane Hansen called me the next day, she offered to send out a different battery or refund my money. I went with the battery they had ready. I have had it about two weeks now, yesterday the IMA light came on and has since went off. Diane also said she would give me a year warranty on the battery she sent me. I fear that the battery they sent me will not be holding up for a year.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:29 AM
Enthusiast

What's odd to me is the owner of HBR posts on here all the time. Why he hasn't stepped into this discussion is beyond me. I was considering using them, but now I am thinking I need alternatives. Isn't there any competition for them? The problem is, I see no competitor.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:46 AM
Active Enthusiast

How about HybridReVolt?

Old 02-02-2012, 11:34 AM
Enthusiast

Hi all, I placed an order November 2, 2011 for a "Better Battery", I didn't receive payment confirmation from the company until November 29, 2011. Following reception of my payment notification, I receive a notification indicating "Dear Valued Customers,

We have received notification from our supplier that the batteries will be in our warehouse within 7 – 10 days. Our new customs bond is in place. We will not be having any further delays.

In the next few days you will be receiving an email with the invoice and payment request. This way when as the shipments arrive they can be assembled, charged and shipped immediately."

I then received an email indicating that my battery was ready to ship December 16, 2011. I remitted the the payment December 22, 2011. It has been 3 months to the day, since I made my initial deposit. When I called the company prior to making my deposit, I was told that the lead time on for the battery was 6 weeks. What Gives? I am very anxious now and ready to call Mr. American Express and get the ball rolling on a charge back.

Old 02-02-2012, 12:01 PM
Enthusiast

Ron is on many websites and usually responds pretty quickly when people call him out. I would also send him e-mails and call him. From what I've read, many people have similar stories, but once they get ahold of him it works out.