HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

Can I get an integrated key/remote for 1st generation Honda Civic Hybrid?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 07:24 AM
KFM
Enthusiast
Default Can I get an integrated key/remote for 1st generation Honda Civic Hybrid?

I'm trying to figure out if I can get an integrated key/keyfob for a 2004 Honda Civic Hybrid (as they do with later civics). I ordered such a key from the remotesremotes.com site (I don't recommend them) and the door entry controls work fine. When I went to get the key programmed, though, it didn't work. The technician said that the existing key has 16 digits (possible bits?) while the new one only takes 8.

It seems odd that security levels would have gone down (although I may be confused). The process is expensive enough that I want to make sure that this is something that would work before I try again. The remotesremotes.com people have not been helpful, so I'm turning to you.