HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

catalytic converter class action lawsuit

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 07:39 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: catalytic converter class action lawsuit

I had my VIN checked and apparently the codes were updated in April '08. I'm going to get another diagnostic done and make sure it's the converter. Do the exhaust manifolds usually need to be replaced at the same time? Are the parts the aftermarket dealers sell OEM? I cannot believe the original dealer quoted me $2400 for parts. I'm glad I'm broke and have a brain. Otherwise, I probably would've paid it. Sheesh!

Old 03-25-2010, 06:17 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BamaGirl13
Do the exhaust manifolds usually need to be replaced at the same time? Are the parts the aftermarket dealers sell OEM? I'm glad I'm broke and have a brain. Sheesh!
Join the club - "broke with brains"! We'll make you president.
Aftermarket parts are not OEM, but will fit and work fine. Your exhaust manifold should be fine, as should the resonator.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:25 AM
Enthusiast

Do it yourself and save loads of cash. It'll pay for the tools you'll need the first time, just keep safety in mind!