HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

Charging System Problem ?? Whats Wrong?

Old 04-18-2013, 11:53 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Charging System Problem ?? Whats Wrong?

I have a very similar problem. I tested the 100 amp fuse with my multimeter and have continuity.

Not this right?

I have the code 1600 and 1575.
The battery is changed to a new one (12V), below 1500 rpm the light comes on battery (12V).

IMA light on, do not charge the system or assistant

where I buy this fuse if necessary?.

Old 04-19-2013, 03:00 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Charging System Problem ?? Whats Wrong?

I think these fuses can fail in a somewhat weird manner so I would not necessarily thrust a continuity test. When I had my problem it would give a faint sign of charging in a random fashion. Changing out the fuze definitely fixed the 1575 problem and charging/assisting/below 1500 rpm 12 V light.

You have to access the battery end electronics to get to the fuse ( by removing the battery).

I purchased my replacement fuze from Hybrid Battery Repair in New York (Ron Hansen), but he is out of business now. You could still probably contact him on InsightCentral.com as RonaldH and he may still have some of the fuses (Littlefuse 100amp). If not him, there are several others on that site that do battery work (Eli is one at BetterBattery, see his link there).

Good luck.

Old 04-19-2013, 04:50 PM
Enthusiast
Lightbulb Re: Charging System Problem ?? Whats Wrong?

Originally Posted by JohnVirginia
Well it seems we have all had some luck in fixing at least part of our problems, albeit different problems. These hybrids can fail in so many ways and are probably best left to people who trade up every few years or the diehard problem solvers. I wish Honda had designed the car to default to the 1.3L ICE and standard 12V charging when anything goes wrong with the IMA system. I guess it does until the 144V battery gets bad enough/fails in a way to prevent 12V charging. If only someone would build/sell a bolt-on IMA high voltage to 12V DC-DC converter or alternator system and ECU that could keep the IMA/CEL "hybrid" codes from occurring...downshifting is the assist.
thanks..!! I will buy these fuse and reply results later..!!
if someone know where buy a transmission CVT, appreciate the info!!