HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

Check Engine light, Battery light, IMA light come one

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 02:13 PM
Enthusiast
Default Check Engine light, Battery light, IMA light come one

I have a 03 Civic hybrid with 129k. For the past 6 months I have had an intermittent problem. Sometimes when I start my car the Check Engine light, Battery light, IMA light come one and the radio stops working. I let it run for about 30 secs to 1 minute, turn it off and restart it and it works fine. The battery seams to run the whole cycle per the dash indicator while driving.
I finally took it to the dealer and they said the Hybrid battery needed to be replaced. I started to question their diagnostics because, the hybrid battery was replaced less the 30k miles ago and why would this problem be so intermittent. The answer to everyone of my questions was "because the codes tell us"
Does this sound right?? It seams they are relying to heavily on the codes. What else could cause this issue?

Old 08-31-2013, 06:41 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Check Engine light, Battery light, IMA light come one

It's interesting just your radio stops working. I can tell you I had the Check Engine light and the IMA light come on. Hmm. It's hard to tell. I would try to get access to those codes. I went to Autozone and got an OBD-II reader. It will tell you the codes. When I went to my dealer about the battery, they said I could keep driving it and I would just lose performance over time.

Old 10-28-2013, 08:11 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Check Engine light, Battery light, IMA light come one

If the battery was replaced less than 30K miles ago, is it still under warranty? The battery I am having put in comes with a 3 year / 36,000 miles warrenty.