HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

Failed IMA Battery Owners!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 04:06 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Failed IMA Battery Owners!

regarding cell phone batteries: Don't know what phone you have, but we rarely have a battery that makes it past a year. We have 6 cell phones (4 new and 2 old).

Old 03-24-2009, 01:14 PM
Enthusiast

I am another failed IMA Battery Owner. IMA light originally come on in December 08. My mechanic replaced the 12v car battery which worked until early February when the IMA light came on again. I was told by my Honda dealer that the codes were P1447 and P1449 battery module deterioration. This is a 2003 Civic Hybrid manual transmission with about 120K in mileage. The estimate for repair was $3530 and they wanted me to sign a waiver that if anything else was wrong they wouldn't be responsible. I can't afford the price and I was a little scared about the waiver business. I have chosen to just drive it although that choice leaves me with a nagging stress in the back of my mind. It seems to charge okay. It fully charged the last time I drove it. It also from time to time appears to be charging (about 4 bars) when I don't think it is.

Old 04-04-2009, 06:34 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kterrell
This is a 2003 Civic Hybrid manual transmission with about 120K in mileage. The estimate for repair was $3530
Check Google. Your battery can be repaired for around $700. Search for IMA BATTERY REPAIR

Old 04-04-2009, 07:14 AM
Enthusiast

Please provide links for the inexpensive battery replacement or at least exactly what you searched for. I Googled and didn't find the price.

Old 04-04-2009, 05:54 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nanomug
Please provide links for the inexpensive battery replacement or at least exactly what you searched for. I Googled and didn't find the price.
I Googled "ima battery repair honda" and the first entry is:

http://www.hybrid-battery-repair.com/

Old 04-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Think green.

Thanks for that link, Ron.
That's good information to have, just in case.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:50 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Add me to the list, 03 HCH CVT with 92K on it just got the failed battery code. Dealer wants $2400, down from the original price of $3100. I'm in Austin, TX. I'm going to check out the ima battery repair man. Thanks for the info.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:31 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Jeff:
Did you try taking the ground cable off the battery and re-installing it? This resets everything and it may work!! Worth a try! Hal

Old 04-16-2009, 04:13 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Harold
Jeff:
Did you try taking the ground cable off the battery and re-installing it? This resets everything and it may work!! Worth a try! Hal
Hal,
That will only buy him a few days before the error comes back.

Old 04-16-2009, 04:41 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OgreGev
Hal,
That will only buy him a few days before the error comes back.
It's very strange, the IMA light is off and the car is driving great. I'll keep the board posted.

Quick Reply: Failed IMA Battery Owners!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands