HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

HCH1 suspension

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 04:38 AM
Enthusiast
Default HCH1 suspension

hi
fist of all please excuse my bad english....

i want to replace my oem shock absorbers into gas shocks because my HCH1 is lowered.
the problem is, i cannot find gas shock absorber for the HCH1.i know that the suspension components are the same like the civic ES4/5 EM2 EP1.does anybody know whether i can install the shocks from the ES4/5???
or does the HCH has special stronger shock absorber?????

i thougt i will take brands like Kayaba or bilstein

Old 07-11-2008, 06:40 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HCH1 suspension

There's tons of aftermarket parts out there that will work on your civic. I used rear upper control arms that were supposed to be for an SI, they fit perfect, as will any aftermarket quality strut/coilover. The only thing you need to remember is the hybrid has more weight in the rear due to the battery, the rear spring rates will be different than a non hybrid.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:29 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: HCH1 suspension

my HCH is already lowered.the springs are for civic em2, ES4-9 and EP1.so the springs has the same spring rate.
the problem is, i want to buy shocks from kayaba.they offer the shocks only for the front and not for the rear!
so i don't know if i can take the rear shocks from the civic em2.my honda dealer told me that the ES9 has other rear shocks than the em2.

so i am vey confused and i don't know what is fitting and what is not fitting in my ES9....