HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

Honda Civic Hybrid MPG drop

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 11:55 AM
Enthusiast
Arrow Honda Civic Hybrid MPG drop

Hello,
So I recently bought a garage kept one owner Honda Civic Hybrid. So far I have replaced the compressor (Because of rattling), the O2 sensor near the Catalytic converter (check engine light earlier). All seemed fine, and car was getting good MPG in my home state, MD. Once I brought the car to FL (the Tampa region), I noticed a very significant drop in the MPG. Now I get 22 MPG , and I do not know why. I don't drive the car roughly, so I don't know where to start for diagnosing the issue. The only issue that I am aware that I have to fix are 3 engine mounts (2 in the front and one in the rear). Can these engine mounts be the cause for the bad MPG? There are no check engine lights on the dashboard and the IMA battery seems to be working normally.

The civic has a automatic CVT tranny and has 92,500 miles approximately.