HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

Hyundai Sonata Hybrid - Lifetime battery Warrantee

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 12:39 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Hyundai Sonata Hybrid - Lifetime battery Warrantee

My HCH I is up to 152k mileage, and the Transmission is thumping pretty bad, so I am planning it's replacement. I was looking at the Hyundai Sonata or the Kia Optima - both are a little nicer than the Toyota Prius or HCH, but also get MUCH lower MPG. The thing that sold me was the warrantee:

Both have a 10 year/100k mile warrantee and the Hyundai has a LIFETIME warrantee on the lithium battery (original owner, non-transferable). That is really hard to beat. You can get them fully loaded with dual sun roofs, heated front and rear seats, cooled front seats, Navigation, keyless entry and push button start, leather, etc. They share hybrid technology, so the mechanicals are petty much the same. Like the Toyota, they start off in Electric mode only, and can run up to 11 miles without the gas engine.

Also looking at the 2013 Ford Fusion, but the warrentee will be an issue.