HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

IMA battery charge level = 0 after diconnecting battery?

Old 05-31-2009, 07:32 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default IMA battery charge level = 0 after diconnecting battery?

I detailed my car today ('05 HCH1), as I do every year. To get some of the gunk out of the 12v battery area, I took out the battery. Mind you, I had just driven the car and the IMA battery charge level showed a full charge.
After an hour or so, I popped the battery back in, and hopped behind the wheel to reset the clock and radio presets.
I started the car to make sure all was well, and was surprised to see the IMA battery charge graph was zero. Everything else was working fine. I drove the car around the block and noted it was charging, and the level was building.
When I detailed last year and had the battery out, I don't remember this happening.
Anyone here have this quirk, such as when they got a new battery?
Mine has a full charge and is good.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:56 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: IMA battery charge level = 0 after diconnecting battery?

I believe it's normal behaviour to show zero state-of-charge whenever the 12 volt battery has been disconnected: it's tantamount to memory loss for the car's computers, they have to reestablish their readings.