HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

IMA battery Failing on my 06 HCH

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 04:35 AM
Enthusiast
Default IMA battery Failing on my 06 HCH

I received three phone calls two from Honda headquarters and one from my Honda dealer.
Honda headquarters wanted to listen to my complaints and rate my satisfaction with the services I received during my visit with the dealer last week. So far still no battery replacement, My dealer manually erased the P0A7F code off my car brain then installed the 10-034 update that I refused in writing last year. The dealer never told me they were going to instal it this time. Their argument is "we erased the faulty code to install the update and wait to see if it comes back. Even with a new battery I'm stuck with that update. As soon as I drove the car home I could tell the car was not the same, my mileage dropped an other 4mpg since.
I'm really ticked off, the dealer acted like my warranty was over at (87k) and then tried hard to disregard the 10y/150 miles extended warranty saying my model has to be a pzev type low emissions, which it is. I had to point the markings under the hood for them.
At first they told me I need a new battery and sent me to the cashier's desk to leave a deposit to order the battery to the cost of $2750, when I told them it was a warranty repair and I did not have to give them any money their tune changed and gave me the update BS story that it was Honda's protocol regarding installing new IMA batteries they sent me home.
The dealer blames Honda corp and Honda blames the dealer for not being fully aware the warranty. Typical! Meanwhile "WE" the consumer get stuck holding the bag. This is not over, I gave the dealer a rating of 2 out of 5 on the phone to Honda corp. BBB received my complaint, I have the package from them for me to fill the details and send them my documents. Even if I get satisfaction I'm not happy getting a battery that will again fail prematurely, I want to keep the car a long time. Getting an aftermarket better battery with more capacity may be an option for me later.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:12 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: IMA battery Failing on my 06 HCH

Meanwhile my car recalls many times a day, battery assist is mostly non existent, my mileage is dropping to 35mpg, I used to average 47 mpg year round the five years I own the car. I sometimes under the right condition used to get 51mpg on long highway trip.
The assist bars hoover around 4 to 5 bars and regenerate going up hill. The update is a big fiasco for owners.