HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

IMA Fan Runs Constantly after Grid Charger Install

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 06:22 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: IMA Fan Runs Constantly after Grid Charger Install

The fan runs more and more and at higher speed as the IMA battery heats up. Whatever sensors within the battery that tracks internal heat certainly contributes to control of the fan speed and interval. It may have been PTC strips and temp probes in older IMA batteries however there is still temperature sensing in 05+ packs.

This guy here is looking for replacement sensors for his Accord Hybrid pack:
https://www.greenhybrid.com/forums/f...sensors-30694/

Last edited by ManieP; 04-19-2018 at 06:25 PM.
Old 04-20-2018, 12:08 PM
Enthusiast

Well, to further clarify, the fan runs as soon as the key is switched to the on position. And continues, pretty much at highest speed, whether driving or not. I have switched IMA batteries, installing a used one, with the exact same results. Is there a fan relay that may be stuck on?

Old 04-20-2018, 06:35 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

That sounds like a short from the PWM line to ground. Have you completely removed the MV harness/fan controller and splices?

Old 09-05-2018, 09:06 AM
Enthusiast

I am a Maxx Volt user and having this same fan running full blast. Any ever find a positive working fix? I removed old battery and put in a different battery, still runs non-stop. Thanks.

Old 09-20-2018, 01:01 PM
Enthusiast

Another thing I noticed about the IMA fan issue. I turn key on and fan starts full speed. I take the car up to 3K RPMs which initiates a charge to the pack. I hear the IMA fan RPMs drop. I don't know what it means but for sure happens. Again, I put all wires back to normal and removed Maxx Volts charger.

Would be nice if fan wasn't so loud but you cannot hear the car running etc due to how loud it is.

Old 09-20-2018, 01:17 PM
Enthusiast

It's clearly got nothing to do with the charger if its been removed from the car and the equation. It seems this has happened to those who have switched batteries based on what I have read.

Old 10-12-2018, 12:28 AM
Enthusiast
Angry Re: IMA Fan Runs Constantly after Grid Charger Install

Hello,

I got the same issue. The fan runs on the high speed when i turn the key on. The issue occurs after i plugged the maxx volts in charge.... really bad Maxx volts ! i have more issue than before with this sh** !!

Old 10-12-2018, 03:08 PM
Enthusiast

This is a common issue when there has been some problem with the grid charger installation, send Maxx Volts a message on facebook - they are quite active on there, hopefully they can help you rectify it: https://www.facebook.com/maxx.volts

Old 10-12-2018, 06:07 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
This is a common issue when there has been some problem with the grid charger installation, send Maxx Volts a message on facebook - they are quite active on there, hopefully they can help you rectify it: https://www.facebook.com/maxx.volts
Yeah I agree Jimmy. If people actually followed instructions and took responsibility for their actions or mistakes in installs or in not using these chargers according to the instructions, it would actually be a benefit to other members looking for info. Instead, I've seen that guy above post on multiple forums, admitting how he was starting the car with the charger plugged in against the instructions.
https://www.hybridcars.com/forums/sh...75#post2184775

Old 11-09-2018, 03:11 PM
Enthusiast

So, if the key had been turned on and people cannot follow instructions any idea what could have happened? Fed voltage to computer etc? There has to be a reason that warning was issued.

Quick Reply: IMA Fan Runs Constantly after Grid Charger Install

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands