HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

IMA System Malfunction Problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 06:48 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: IMA System Malfunction Problems

Originally Posted by VerbalK

Question, I see the warranty is 150000 mile in NY. I'm in MD, but "what if" I gave my car to my Dad in upstate, got it registered up there (about $200), and brought it in for repair up there? Would Honda do that?
Probably not since the car was not purchased up there. If you go that route, I wish you luck.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:18 PM
Eli
Banned
Default Re: IMA System Malfunction Problems

Originally Posted by Ebby
I just got P0521, P1600, and P1433 a few days ago too. Not looking forward to replacing the batteries.

However, I also noticed my MPG skyrocketed from 32 to 42MPG since the lights came on. Heck I don't even WANT to get the battery fixed if I get a serious boost in efficiency.

Makes me wonder though... [b]Has the battery been dragging down my fuel efficiency alll these years?[b] I bought the car new in 2004 and had that software update a few years after that dropped my MPG form 38 to 33. That would have suuuucked.

Unfortunately I live in California, so I'll have to repair the battery before I can smog it. Isn't that a kicker; I lose my newfound +10MPG fuel efficiency due to smog regulation...
Yep. It certainly can. The car will basically be in a state of constantly trying to force charge the weak battery, which lowers your fuel economy much more than the bit of assist you get from it.