Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   HCH I-Specific Discussions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-i-specific-discussions-50/)
-   -   Instantaneous MPG gone (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-i-specific-discussions-50/instantaneous-mpg-gone-15178/)

hybie1 09-05-2007 07:04 AM

Instantaneous MPG gone

Just had our 2005 HCH (a work car) brought in for an oil change at a local independent oil change garage and noticed that the instantaneous mpg bar display no longer shows. How do you get it back? There is no manual in the car and I am not driving my HCH today so do not have my manual.

tbaleno 09-05-2007 07:27 AM

Re: Instantaneous MPG gone

It is in the manual, but my car is in the shop so I don't have my manual with me right now, but if no one answers I'll try to remember to come back here and give you the info when I get it.

update: The manual says to put the car in the ON (II) postion. Go to the odometer and hold down the select/reset button for 10-15 seconds. This didn't work for me, but hopefully it will work for you. My current fuel reading display is always on and has never been turned off that I know of.

ralph_dog 09-14-2007 10:17 AM

:lightbulb with the engine running, press the trip odometer button until you enter either "Trip A" or "Trip B". The instantaneous fuel economy does not display when you are in the normal odometer reading mode.

To reset the "Trip" odometers, select A or B and just hold the button in for a couple of seconds. :D

tbaleno 09-17-2007 08:38 AM

The instantaneous works with my normal odometer reading as well as the trips.

leahbeatle 09-17-2007 10:59 AM

I agree with Tom- my instantaneous mpg meter works with the normal odometer, but the cumulative average FE meter that tells you how you're doing total does not- that's why I have my Trip A counter set to record total FE, and have not changed it since buying the car. I only use Trip B for actual 'trips' which I generally only reset when I fill up a new tank. If you had a total FE showing on your odometer setting, I want to know how to get that to pop up, because I wouldn't mind freeing up Trip A. I was under the impression that wasn't possible, though.

dosmastr 01-21-2019 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by hybie1 (Post 141774)
Just had our 2005 HCH (a work car) brought in for an oil change at a local independent oil change garage and noticed that the instantaneous mpg bar display no longer shows. How do you get it back? There is no manual in the car and I am not driving my HCH today so do not have my manual.

Happened to me too when I reset the oil service warning. Repeating procedure didn't bring it back.
Anybody ever figure this out?

pasadena_commut 01-22-2019 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by dosmastr (Post 267196)
Happened to me too when I reset the oil service warning. Repeating procedure didn't bring it back.
Anybody ever figure this out?

Just a guess - how about pulling fuse 9 for a minute, or failing that, disconnecting the battery? That may reset everything back to default, which is probably to show the information which is currently missing.