HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

Just Fixed IMA...Check Engine Light Still On

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 11:09 AM
Enthusiast
Angry Just Fixed IMA...Check Engine Light Still On

I just moved across country for a new job leaving my fiancee in Nashville. She has had her IMA light on in a 2005 Civic Hybrid (approx. 175,000 miles) for close to a year, and we finally had it replaced last week in anticipation of her moving out to Northern Virginia with me. She went to a dealership closer to her office than the dealership that normally services our car. They offered her a free rental and asked her to leave the car there on Thursday in anticipation of the battery coming the next morning. On Friday, a battery arrived, but it wasn't the right battery (first bad sign).

On Saturday, the correct battery arrived, but it sure sounds like they rushed through completing the repair as they had her waiting until well after the dealership closed in order to finish her car. On top of that they then asked her to sign a waiver (second bad sign) because something like 12 codes popped back up after they installed the new battery (including the catalytic converter which we've already had replaced once about 75,000 miles ago). They cleared the codes at the time thinking/saying it was a fluke, but now her check engine light came back on today.

My problem is that I don't know whether those codes were there before the replacement and they just neglected to inform us, or if perhaps they didn't properly reinstall the computer software or some of the more recent updates.

Does anyone have any experience with a situation like this?

Old 04-09-2013, 05:49 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Just Fixed IMA...Check Engine Light Still On

Start with what codes you have on now. clear the codes if you have a code reader if not go to auto zone they will do it for free. if and when the check engine light comes back on go directly to autozone or if you have your own scanner, read your codes and post them back here. then we can work forward from that point.