HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

Mildly cool air from AC

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 03:19 PM
Enthusiast
Default Mildly cool air from AC

My AC has been blowing mildly cool air for a couple of summers now. Since we're in the middle of a heat wave in MA I figured I'd give the issue some attention. Under normal conditions I'm happy to just put the windows down, but I will use the AC when it gets into the 90s or is really humid. My daily driving is light local roads and every now and then I'll do a long highway drive, maybe 4-5 times each summer.

So, my first move was to pick up a can of AC Pro. Figured that was a cheap and easy first step. I hooked it up as directed and took a pressure measurement and was surprised to see that the pressure was nearly perfect. The temperature setting in the car was at the lowest setting (62) and the fan was on high. I ended up disconnecting the AC Pro with barely a squeeze of the trigger. At $47 I was hoping/expecting to give it a good charge and solve the problem. Anyone have any thoughts on what could be preventing the air from cooling if the system appears to be working?

Some details that may be helpful - 2005 HCH MT with 99k on the odometer.

Thanks, I appreciate any help.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:14 PM
Former Vendor
Default Re: Mildly cool air from AC

http://www.aa1car.com/library/ac98.htm