HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

New to the community: new HCH at 35,000

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 08:07 AM
Enthusiast
Default New to the community: new HCH at 35,000

Hello everyone!

I just got a 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid in Opal Silver Blue Metallic with just 35,000 miles, and I absolutely love it! Although it seems that most of the forum posts have to do with individual problems, I hope to connect with some of you here.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:31 PM
Think green.
Default Re: New to the community: new HCH at 35,000

Welcome.
Hey, same color as mine! Nice car, low miles.
Is it a manual or a CVT?
Best of luck to you with the "new" car.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:35 PM
Enthusiast

It's a CVT. How about you? I don't know much about the HCH outside of North America. Did they keep the same exterior body?

If you've got photos, by all means. I've got plenty just waiting to be uploaded, actually. Aiming for a photo a day per year (sans days I'm not in town).

Old 03-04-2010, 02:21 PM
Think green.

Mine is a CVT also, a 2004 model. The body of the car is very similar, with minor variations depending on the year, and the country it is sold in. Here are a couple of links with info and pictures:

http://www.honda.com/newsandviews/ar...=2003112038102

http://www.autoweb.com.au/cms/A_5482...wsarticle.html

Here's another link with good pics of a 2003:

http://www.netcarshow.com/honda/2003-civic_hybrid/

The second link is from an Australian website. The differences I can see from the photos in that link are the most obvious one, that the driver is on the opposite side of the car than here in the US. Also the hybrid logo on the rear is different than ours, and there is another logo or light (picture is too small to tell) on the front quarter-panel. A while back on the forum, a member from Europe posted pictures of their car and you could see that logo.

I often visit a local store where one of their employees has a 2003, and I've parked next to it. It seems like the bumper and trunk have a very slightly different profile than my car; not sure why that is. There's also a chrome accent at the front and rear of the '03, whereas the '04 is color-matched to the paint color of the car. The front grille and the headlamps are different between the '03 and '04. The '03 doesn't have as tall of a headrest in the rear seats as the '04, and your gear-shift selector has different trim than mine.
Other than that, they seem to be pretty much the same. The '04 and '05 look the same to me, but there may be differences I haven't noticed.

I don't have pictures of my car, but it looks like this:

http://automobiles.honda.com/images/...o_02_large.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/green.autoblo...front-left.jpg

Last edited by Gairwyn; 03-04-2010 at 03:06 PM. Reason: added another link
Old 03-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Enthusiast

Yeah, I've been conscious of the minor changes between the 2003 to 2005 HCH models. The 2003 and 2004 were almost identical, from what I could tell. The 2005, on the other hand, has that different profile (modified front face, larger front lamps, lower rear bumper).

I'm sure it's all been discussed here before though. Just interested in connecting with fellow HCH-I owners. I absolutely love mine. It's unfortunate to hear about all the problems people have with their on these forums, but I suppose there are fewer positive things to report that have a common thread.

Oh, and I misread before. I thought you were from England, not New England.

I drove from Cincinnati to Lima, OH to retrieve mine. My first miles and hours were in a snowstorm on the way back!

Old 03-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Enthusiast

Yeah, I've been conscious of the minor changes between the 2003 to 2005 HCH models. The 2003 and 2004 were almost identical, from what I could tell. The 2005, on the other hand, has that different profile (modified front face, larger front lamps, lower rear bumper).

I'm sure it's all been discussed here before though. Just interested in connecting with fellow HCH-I owners. I absolutely love mine. It's unfortunate to hear about all the problems people have with their on these forums, but I suppose there are fewer positive things to report that have a common thread.

Oh, and I misread before. I thought you were from England, not New England.

I drove from Cincinnati to Lima, OH to retrieve mine. My first miles and hours were in a snowstorm on the way back!