HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

New Recall 03-05 HCH July 2007

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 11:45 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Old 07-17-2007, 08:48 PM
Energy Independence
Default Re: New Recall 03-05 HCH July 2007

Link not working for me. What's it concerning?

Old 07-17-2007, 09:00 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

(g):H:ON"D.A.
AUTOMOBILE DIVISION
AmericanH ondaM otorG o.,I nc.
1919T orranceB lvd.,- P.O. Box2 215
TorranceG, A9 0509-9870
July 2007
Product Update: Check Engine Light Stays On
Dear Civic Hybrid or Insight Owner:
This letter is to notify you of a potential problem with your vehicle and what you should do to resolve it.
What is the problem?
Your vehicle's main computer control module (the ECM) can misinterpret readings from various sensors. If this
happens, the check engine light on the instrument panel may stay on.
What should you do?
Contact any authorized Honda dealer for an appointment to have your vehicle updated. The dealer will update
the software in the ECM. This work will be done free of charge. Please plan to leave your vehicle at the dealer
for half a day to allow them flexibility in scheduling.
California Residents -After doing the update, your dealer will give you a Proof of Correction certificate. Keep
this certificate for your records as proof that the product update was completed. Submit the certificate to the
DMV only if the DMV requests it.
~~~~~-~-~,-~~ '-c~*",,:;;; ~ ,.--~ -".~~3-~~-
What to do if you feel this notice is in error
Our records show that you are the current owner or lessee of a 2003-05 Civic Hybrid or a 2002-06 Insight
involved in this product update. If this is not the case, or the name/ address information is not correct, please
fill out and return the enclosed, postage-paid Information Change Card. We will then update our records.
If you paid to have your vehicle's catalytic converter(s) replaced sometime in the past, you may be eligible for
reimbursement. Refer to the attached Instructions for Reimbursement for eligibility requirements and the
reimbursement procedure.
If you have questions
If you have questions about this notice, or need help contacting a Honda dealer, please call Honda Automobile
Customer Service at (800) 999-1009.
We apologize for any inconvenience this product update may cause you.
Sincerely,
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Honda Automobile Division

Old 08-13-2007, 09:34 PM
Active Enthusiast

Anyone gone in to get their's "fixed" yet? I got the letter but I'm holding off until I hear someone else's results. I've heard questionable things in the past with their computer recall issues.

Old 08-14-2007, 07:10 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I too got the letter but I'm waiting until it's time for my 60k service to do it. Should only be a month or so.

Old 08-15-2007, 12:50 PM
Active Enthusiast

I did the recall about a month ago. Maybe it is just the heat but have lost several miles per gallon on my 05 auto. It has been 100 plus here lately. My mileage seems to get worse in cold weather and in real hot weather. I run the air, I am not going to sweat for a few miles per gallon. My life average is aroung 40 mpg truthfully. May be low to some of you, but I drive these cars all the time doing dealer transfers and this is about normal in the many new ones I have driven.

Old 08-15-2007, 03:25 PM
Active Enthusiast

Is this recall for Canada as Well? I had my car in to the dealer about a month ago and they did not mention anything

Old 08-19-2007, 09:28 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DTDRIVER
I did the recall about a month ago. Maybe it is just the heat but have lost several miles per gallon on my 05 auto. It has been 100 plus here lately. My mileage seems to get worse in cold weather and in real hot weather. I run the air, I am not going to sweat for a few miles per gallon. My life average is aroung 40 mpg truthfully. May be low to some of you, but I drive these cars all the time doing dealer transfers and this is about normal in the many new ones I have driven.
I checked this when I filled up and it actually got the 40 plus mpg I normally get, but the meter showed like 36. something. Since I filled up it is showing around the same 36 or so mpg, will have to post actual when I fill up again.

Old 08-20-2007, 06:12 AM
my other car is a FJORD

i had it done a few weeks ago. it sometimes shows lower on the display, but i think is closer to what i actually get. it also fixed some issues i was having with the IMA charging.

Old 08-20-2007, 02:46 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

What do they say the recall is supposed to fix exactlly? The notice I got was pretty vague. I had it done on friday and I haven't noticed anything different, aside from the exceedingly low MPG display, but that's from my new tires, or at least so I thought (pretty sure though because it was already low before the recall update).

Quick Reply: New Recall 03-05 HCH July 2007

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands