HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

Orange plug

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 06:59 PM
Enthusiast
Default Orange plug

I am trying to figure out what it is I am looking at....under the hood on the right side (passenger side) is a unit that has brake lines going in and I assume out and there is a plug on it with a orange handle---What is that unit....it may be the root of my problems--I say that because as someone presses the brake peddle I can hear what sounds like air leaking...any suggestion?

Old 08-07-2013, 07:35 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Orange plug

ok..since people dont have a clue...does anybody know anything here?? Its the ABS pump unit...as for the air?? I have no clue..

Old 08-08-2013, 11:54 AM
Active Enthusiast

I think the orange handle is your transmission oil dip stick.

Sounds like you might have have air in your brake lines if you are hearing air. Try bleeding your brakes to see if that helps. Are you having problems stopping at all?

Old 08-08-2013, 08:12 PM
Enthusiast

ok first off..the transmission oil dip stick...isnt orange its yellow...and its on the left side (drivers side) of engine compartment.....I have bleed the brakes...I get fluid out on the brake in question.....it is only happening on one tire...and yes the car is stopping...the brake is locking up....the plunger in the caliper is out all the way...it will not retract..as it should when you let out on the brake...there is a weird sound like air hissing when I let out on the brake coming from the ABS modual...when I am hearing the noise the engine isnt running I am just pressing the brake....im at a loss

Old 08-08-2013, 08:14 PM
Enthusiast

oh just some additional info...the ABS light is not on in fact the only light that is on is the check engine light but that is pointing to O2 sensor being bad