HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

tips and mods to make your honda civic hybrid run as should be

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 05:30 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: tips and mods to make your honda civic hybrid run as should be

Any one who puts a second 12 volt battery in the interior of a car by the the front passenger's feet is a stupid idiot. Gee what would happen in a car accident to the people. Think explosion.
Anyone who puts a restriction in a tail pipe and claims it increases the torque of an engine knows nothing about auto theory. The engine will overheat due to the additional restriction.
Anyone who knows batteries knows that all the batteries are made by three different companies. Do you really think Sears makes Die Hard batteries. The best battery out there is an Optima battery but they are very pricey.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:40 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rickhandling
Any one who puts a second 12 volt battery in the interior of a car by the the front passenger's feet is a stupid idiot. Gee what would happen in a car accident to the people. Think explosion.
Anyone who puts a restriction in a tail pipe and claims it increases the torque of an engine knows nothing about auto theory. The engine will overheat due to the additional restriction.
Anyone who knows batteries knows that all the batteries are made by three different companies. Do you really think Sears makes Die Hard batteries. The best battery out there is an Optima battery but they are very pricey.
battery explosions ? their talking about jumping car or too fast over charging can cause gases to escaping that can be trigger by a close spark, its a slow delay charge going through the fused 12 volt socket, and can be manually 100% disconnected, and the battery post are insulated and I now have it in a mounted way back in a sealed battery box.
Iam very familiar about coating power out of cars and had all my cars for 5 + years with my mods,

its a restriction only in the sense its a 1.3 cc motor, the muffler is a standard civic mufflers, that cover the larger performance engines also,
so its over size here.
a suitable size piping should be 1.1/2 '' and a 1'' muffers tail exit, its not a huge c.f.m engine, as at the time they had thoes toy/honda engines I worked at midas for a few months, my starting years, so do remember the pipe sizes,
about Optima batteries? napa orbit batterys are the orginal company,better same batterys I never had luck with them,
mine lasted about a year, found out gell battery can be damage charging over 14 volts, its sparial wrap so has more surface area, and weighs a ton, but don't use it more than about 80% under, as it will be recharge at 14.2 volt (as all do ),for the first 80 to90% then its 13 .8 to cap off.

wish you could drive my car,and feel the differences, wonderfully strong,
life is a trade off, you risk something to gain something, and its not for everyone, as what safe to you, might not be safe to some.most will run 45 psi tire pressure some redeem that too risky, and understandable so .

Last edited by aqua; 09-15-2010 at 10:11 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hey guys, been working on other things but still strong on improving the civic,
Got a iPad which is wonderful.a good replacement for my old 4" mini Asus laptop with a half broken touchpad. A tip here is go w/clear wireless provider,
It's 4g it's a small battery device that a hot spot mobile.it's 40.00 month unlimited vs apples 15.00 for 2 gb which is about watching 3 tube.
Had my front windshield tinted or clear tinted it called huper optik it's from german technology ,a clear front windshield tint.
Reject 61 solar energy
Reject 99.9 ultraviolet light
Reject 85 infarared light
Protect against glass injuries holding shattered together.
No need to put a wind shade up the dash board cool even in 97deg.
Made a huge diffrences and worth it ,good stuff ,as uv Ray heat up inside ,and being cook a few times a day can't be healthily.it's costly and super hard to install,so it cost 240.00 with my sunroof.
If you want to know how you civc would look with a front grill.
I think it's look better. http://www.ziddu.com/albumview.php?auid=315264
My o3 running fantastic,total miles is 128,000 , Tuned it better still,surprised how fast the car is to 40mph and its alway in the power band,the car drives very crisp,and is fun to drive, I guess my style of driving of not heating up the battery pack is paying off as the last fews month has been has been over 97deg, and no problem,that plug removed from the the tire well is also letting cool air in too.
If I don't post Much anymore iits because posting in a photo site, as I just got back to pictures again ,from camcorders , found a old favorite camera again oly 2100 Uzi .wonderful lowlite camera . Being retired at 53 and a daytrader
Mornings leaves days to go exploring,all of it's has to be recorded.
It's all about enjoying the moments, their isn't a rush to anywhere. Or any rules how things should be done. Aloha.

Old 10-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Enthusiast

the only thing i can say is man my head hurts from reading this.......OK Please dont do any thing he is taking about. its a wast of time. As a auto mechanic for 6 years and a sertified avation mechanic i tell you this is not a good idea. why well lets start with the battery the only time you can have a battery in the cabin or trunk is if its properly ventalated or its a sealed unit. any thing other than that is dangerus becouse of the fact that the battery releases hydrogen and oxigen. hydrogen is flamible to say the least and oxigen is not good to have with any other flamibe gas. next i dont see how adding an extra battery will give you more tq. ok then the hybrid has a 2in exhaust so he says i havent mesured it. so he thinks its too free fowing. well it has 2 cats that are plenty of back pressure almost tomuch in my opinion so if you do put a 1 inch pipe on it (witch is what my honda crf 50 has) then your going to make way too much back pressure witch is going to kill you volume metric efficency. and posibly burn your valves and or couse a engine knock. (pre ignition) effect most licky in lean mode.