HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

What happened? New battery, and I'm idling in a parking lot with the ac running...

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 01:13 PM
Enthusiast
Default What happened? New battery, and I'm idling in a parking lot with the ac running...

...and now it's only charging and discharging at a quarter of its capacity. This is exactly what the last **** battery was doing before I replaced it! This battery was a godsend! It literally gave my car 30 hp back and was functioning and responding like a champ!

And on top of that, 5th gear (it's a 5 sp) is now randomly losing grip and the car is putting itself into neutral when I'm cruising down the road.

I just spent a week and a half installing new shocks all the way around! Fml

Old 07-26-2019, 01:16 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: What happened? New battery, and I'm idling in a parking lot with the ac running..

Where did you get the new battery from?

Also, did you get the ECU update from the Honda Dealership that prevents the battery gauge going below 50% used? That helps batteries last longer.

Old 07-26-2019, 05:19 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What happened? New battery, and I'm idling in a parking lot with the ac running..

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
Where did you get the new battery from?

Also, did you get the ECU update from the Honda Dealership that prevents the battery gauge going below 50% used? That helps batteries last longer.
He has an HCH1, not HCH2. It is my understanding the update only applies to HCH2. THe HCH1 batteries were much better.