HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

225/35-19's on an HCHII!? [w/PICS]

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 01:18 PM
hypermiler wannabe
Default 225/35-19's on an HCHII!? [w/PICS]

First off, this is NOT my car.

My son and I were driving through Knoxville Friday night and saw this nice white civic in a parking lot and noted the nice (large) wheels. Then my son said, "It's a Hybrid".

BING!! Curious to know if the larger wheels adversely effected the computer/CVT/etc, I turned around and stopped. This nice fellow had the car for only a month or so, and bought it w/ the wheels installed; so he had no before/after MPG numbers.

I asked if the computer or transmission acted odd or if the IMA light came on, or anything odd at all. He was knowledgeable but didn't spout details like a car nut would,"Nope, I get 46mpg and I love it" was his simple reply.

A quick check of an online tire calculator shows a difference of less than 1%, so despite the vast rim difference, the overall diameter doesn't seem to change enough to effect the computer.

Dont know if I'm ready for 19's, but this sure has me thinking about 17's very seriously!

Old 07-29-2007, 08:08 PM
Energy Independence
Default Re: 225/35-19's on an HCHII!? [w/PICS]

Those are some nice rims/tires!
I noticed the hybrid mirrors.

Old 07-29-2007, 09:52 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Nice colour as well!!! H

Old 07-30-2007, 08:21 AM

Looks lowered as well. Perhaps that regains some of the FE lost through wheel weight. They also may be lightweight rims -- forged perhaps.

Anyone know the brand?

Good find and thanks for posting!

Old 07-30-2007, 08:58 AM

A bit on the large size. I wounder what those boots set him back? Everybody to his own how-ever, I still like the colour, thu., H

Old 07-30-2007, 07:06 PM
hypermiler wannabe

Originally Posted by noflash
Looks lowered as well. Perhaps that regains some of the FE lost through wheel weight. They also may be lightweight rims -- forged perhaps.

Anyone know the brand?

Good find and thanks for posting!
Thanks, thought it was pretty interesting--glad you agree.
As far as I could tell while gawking, err... walking around. It did not appear to be lowered, the wheels fill the front well so much, I could barley slide my hand between the fender and wheel. Really wonder if it does or will scrap when turning.

My blown up pic shows a center cap that reads "ADR", I searched and found a bunch, but not that specific style: http://www.bigwheels.net/?location=w...current_page=1

Old 07-30-2007, 08:33 PM
Active Enthusiast

Can you take a look at the max weight this tire can take
these are crucial information that determine if they are suitable for hybrid

simple reason, at 1.3 tonne front two wheel must able take the full load when e-brake applied. I know the larger the wheel the smaller the weight ratio, if around 400kg i'll be very worry.

ponder over bef decide

BengTeck
Singapore

Last edited by bengteck; 07-30-2007 at 08:36 PM.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:56 AM
rgx
Active Enthusiast

Load index 88 means each tire can carry 560 kg. The W means up to 270 km/h.

Old 08-07-2007, 05:29 AM
Active Enthusiast

This size will ruin you're handeling! Cornering etc will be horrible. Might think about the powersteering engine, is it up to this. Another large problem might be aquaplaning and or how do you call when trucks ride grooves in the tarmac. Might lead to some hefty reactions of the steeringweel etc.

I'll just stick to my 17inch puppy's

Old 08-07-2007, 08:31 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Another issue with having such thin performance tires is that they can easily break, especially if you happen to strike a curb or similarly hard object on the road. My father's performance tires on his Mercedes-Benz E430 go out twice or three times a year. I also wonder what's happened to his ride comfort as well.

Quick Reply: 225/35-19's on an HCHII!? [w/PICS]

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands