HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Air Filter Change ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 04:16 AM
MEAN TO BE GREEN ACTIVIST
Question Air Filter Change ??

I recently did my 30K oil change & filter. From posts here - I knew how to change the cabin air filter which I found at Wal-Mart. However, I could not find the engine air filter at the auto parts store or Wal-Mart. I bought one at my Honda dealer's - now where do I find this puppy?? Anybody do this yet?

Another question is about the 0W20 oil. In my first two oil changes, I used Mobil 1, a full synthetic 0W20 which I found at Wal-Mart. I recently looked in several area Wal-Marts and several auto parts stores and could not find any brands of 0W20 oil. I searched on-line at Mobile's website and found some at a Wal-Mart about 40 miles away. I bought their last 7 quarts. Does anyone know if this can be ordered on-line from any supplier?

Thanks,

Old 10-20-2007, 01:21 PM
Wo ai Zheng!
Default Re: Air Filter Change ??

Supposedly, NAPA autoparts still has massive amounts in their warehouses. However, doing a quick search of their (very poor) website suggests you'll have to actually go to a store and order it there, as the search tool only turned up 5W20 options. Also no hits on AutoZone's website, but if you go to Mobil's site and hit their Where to buy link, it does at least turn up one store for me here in Columbus.

Old 10-22-2007, 06:59 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

At Bernardiparts.com, Bernardi Honda's parts site, you can order the air filters cheap (~$13 if I remember) and they have (or had the last time) Mobil 1 0W20 for 5.99/ qt.

Old 03-31-2008, 02:21 PM
Enthusiast

can anyone walk me through the air filter location/change?

edit: nevermind, found it.

Last edited by bond; 03-31-2008 at 02:44 PM.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:57 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Bond, Standing outside looking at your engine. Note the black cover over the engine. Look to the right and there is a small box about 10"x10" with a 3" rubber pipe comming out and going into the fuel system of the engine. There are snaps at each corner of this 10x10 box. Unsnap the snaps, then lift the cover a inch or so and you should be able to see the filter lying in the bottom part of the box. Remove the old filter and replace the new one. Make sure it is right side up! Good luck, H

Old 03-31-2008, 08:10 PM
Active Enthusiast

I've ordered air and cabin filters from fleetfilters.com and have been very happy. I've also seen that handa-accessories.com carries both OEM filters. Here's the direct link for the air filter ($13.45/filter): http://www.handa-accessories.com/civ...airfilter.html

As for the oil, you might want to find an Amsoil dealer near you for their 0W-20 syn. I've heard is a very good oil. Or go to a Napa Auto store to have them order it for you. I think they can order the M1 or Amsoil 0W-20. Hope this helps you...

Peace,
Paul

Old 08-07-2011, 09:35 PM
Enthusiast
Post Re: Air Filter Change ??

I did a search for do it yourself videos on you tube and found plenty for the cabin filter but none for the engine filter so I created one. Here it is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_7p48cBzao

Thanks you all for inspiring me to save some money and change the filters myself. I was quoted $40 to change my cabin filter from a mechanic and $55 from the dealer. I bought the cabin filter for $14.99 plus tax and engine filter for $15.99 plus tax at my neighborhood auto supply store.

I am the the proud original owner of my 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid and hope this improves my mpg!