HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Another DIY: Honda Homelink

Old 12-18-2007, 06:33 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Another DIY: Honda Homelink

Actually, I think I have a pic w/o the lenses from my LED install.
Well, here is a pic with one lens off. I think you're right. It looks like a smaller lens would do the trick.

Old 12-19-2007, 05:51 AM
Active Enthusiast

I must say, that the NAVI was a great accessory that I added. I was always one of those people that said "why have that when I get free maps from AAA!". However, it does cut down on paper use, paper waste, ink/toner from Mapquet directions, etc.

Besides, it's much safer to be staring at the Navi system pressing buttons than pulling out a map that covers the entire front window while doing 70 down the interstate lol!

I recently (september) went to Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio (big amusement park for those who were wondering) and used the NAVI for directions. While I didn't need to do this, I did, well, basically because I could haha. My most favorite part was when it said 'some areas of the trip are unverified. please confirm route exists'. Let me tell ya, that is almost as dumb as the Mapquest "please predrive route to ensure roads still exist" or something like that.

Old 12-19-2007, 06:57 AM

Matt: Did you install the Navi on a non navi car?

Old 12-19-2007, 07:45 AM
Active Enthusiast

No, sorry if that was a little confusing. I decided to upgrade to the NAVI when I got my HCH. It was more of an impulse addition at the time, but I'm glad that I did it. However, having installed many a stereo system in my time, I don't know that it would be all that difficult to install a NAVI in a non-NAVI vehicle.

I even had taken my laptop on the road once using MS Streets & the GPS locator to see how well it worked. Now, before people get worried that I was using a computer while driving, I had someone else in the car doing the computer part. It was way too sensitive in terms of thinking that I was on the road or had "strayed off course". However, this course, while cheaper, is much more stuff to lug around and worry about being stolen while you're on the road.

I do recommend getting a Navi system, be it factory or after-market for all who travel.

Old 12-19-2007, 09:51 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wick1ert
I do recommend getting a Navi system, be it factory or after-market for all who travel.
I think I will go with aftermarket better and save me a couple thousand dollars hahaha

I would have loved the NAVI version, but being that I purchased used... I did not have that option.

Anybody want to trade? LMAO

Old 12-19-2007, 01:16 PM

Anybody want to trade? LMAO
^Same here. If anyone w/ a navi wants to get rid of it, I'll trade ya!

Old 12-19-2007, 01:43 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by giantquesadilla
^Same here. If anyone w/ a navi wants to get rid of it, I'll trade ya!
What ever giantquesadilla will give you for the trade... I will give you $1 more than him... LMAO!

Old 12-19-2007, 02:29 PM
Active Enthusiast

You might want to look into getting a 2007 navi model. I got mine for 1500 back of invoice w/ navi.

There are definitely great deals going on in souther california.

Old 12-20-2007, 04:58 AM
Active Enthusiast

I would have to agree, that aftermarket is probably the better deal overall. It just doesn't quite look as nice cosmetically once installed IMO. The nice thing is that a lot of them are portable (able to go from one car to another) so for those with more than 1 vehicle, a good choice to consider.

On a side note, I just dropped my car off last night for its first oil change (7500 miles, and 10% life) and to get the remote start re-programmed. Since they replaced the window regulators in the summer, they reset the oil life (it currently shows 50% but was at 60% at that time, meaning 10% now) and also ended up de-programming the remote start. With winter here, it'd be nice to give the car a minute or two to start getting warmed up/de frosted/etc in the winter (cuz they are oh so terrible here in Delaware!).

Old 04-02-2008, 03:06 PM
Enthusiast

I need to bump this thread up...

So I was so inspired by Orient Express's mod, I went on the hunt for the overhead map lights from 2005-2007 Odyssey's WITH navi.

I too have a garage door that needs openeing, and I perfer integrated OEM mods as opposed to aftermarket uglies that bolt onto the sun visor. I really like the interior blue ambience lighting too... that should match the interior trim accessory lighting.

During my hunt I actually found 2 (gray) map lights at the jyards! $90 and $75 respectively unfortunately... but I grabbed them as I'm sure somebody here would want this mod too.

Since these are from 3rdGen Ody's with nav, there would be no need to farm over the microphone like GQ had to do, as one already exists in this module. I too would swap out the 3mm orange led with a crystal blue one.

They're on the way... I'll post results.

Since I have two modules, if there's anyone else out there with a blue/gray interiored HCH II, and you want OEM homelink buttons with a custom blue ambience led light, I'll gladly do the led swap and sell the spare for $100 plus shipping. Not trying to make a buck, just trying to recoup my expenses and help a feller out. Only one though, first come first served. giantquesidilla, you out there?

Last edited by Kennedy; 04-02-2008 at 03:10 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Another DIY: Honda Homelink

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands