HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Another DIY: Honda Homelink

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 05:26 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Another DIY: Honda Homelink

Originally Posted by Orient Express
I'm not sure what color of bezel is used with a grey headliner, so here are both parts numbers.

Interior light base
34404-SNA-A31ZB BASE *YR327L* TAUPE/IVORY
34404-SNA-A31ZD BASE *NH556L*BLUE

Lenses
34401-SDA-A21 LENS, R.
34402-SDA-A21 LENS, L.

In addition here is a mail order parts dealer that might ship to Canada.

Hondapartsdeals
Thanks for the link. That will work.

Mike

Old 11-12-2009, 03:25 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Orient Express
Yes the base is a different P/N for Navi and non-navi interior lights. A Navi interior light base is $24 and the lenses are $5 for the pair. All you need to add is a homelink module like this one for a $100. Once you have the parts, just follow my install DIY, and you are Golden.
I wonder if the entire assembly, sunglass holder included, will fit in the headliner with some additional cutting to enlarge the opening. Is the pace above the head liner bump deep enough?

Old 11-13-2009, 06:39 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by medicmike
I wonder if the entire assembly, sunglass holder included, will fit in the headliner with some additional cutting to enlarge the opening. Is the pace above the head liner bump deep enough?
That crossed my mind as well. I'm just not ready to start cutting interior trim...

Old 11-18-2009, 10:35 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Looking at the install instructions for the OEM accessory Hands Free Link, the directions for cutting out the headliner seem to suggest that it might.

http://www.bernardiparts.com/Images/...k_AII41336.pdf

Old 11-19-2009, 03:49 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by medicmike
Looking at the install instructions for the OEM accessory Hands Free Link, the directions for cutting out the headliner seem to suggest that it might.

http://www.bernardiparts.com/Images/...k_AII41336.pdf
Well, it's going to take some time before I can find a correct used part out of an Odyssey (that ships to Canada), so, I'll take it all one step at a time.....

Old 12-02-2009, 11:09 AM
Active Enthusiast

Gary (initial author of this thread):

I'm about to get my hands on a used Odyssey homelink unit like your initial post.

Since my car never had the navigation (and thus no need for the microphone issues) can I assume that the homelink unit only needs 12V and a ground (i.e. just 2 wires) to make it function?

I'd like to be able to bench test the unit I am looking at buying, on my work-shop 12 volt battery, to prove it works.

Silly question time: what is the procedure for "linking" the unit to my garage doors? I know it involves the "learn" button on my garage door openers, but I cannot remember what else is involved in programming the homelink unit.

Much thanks

Mike

Old 12-02-2009, 11:48 AM
Active Enthusiast

Whoops....the O/H unit I was looking at is gone!!!!

Old 12-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Über Lord of Hypermillia

Originally Posted by navguy12
Gary (initial author of this thread):

I'm about to get my hands on a used Odyssey homelink unit like your initial post.

Since my car never had the navigation (and thus no need for the microphone issues) can I assume that the homelink unit only needs 12V and a ground (i.e. just 2 wires) to make it function?
Yes, the homelink module will just need 12v, which is supplied at the map light module. Because you do not have a Navi radio, you will need to purchase the map light bezel for a Navi radio equipped car. I believe that in Post #40 of this thread, I have the part number for those pieces.

Silly question time: what is the procedure for "linking" the unit to my garage doors? I know it involves the "learn" button on my garage door openers, but I cannot remember what else is involved in programming the homelink unit.
Programming the Homelink module is the same as for any other Homelink device. It essentially requires you to hit the "learning" button on the garage door motor, and then paring it with the homelink module by pushing one of the 3 buttons on the module.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hope this helps.
Very much so. Will be purchasing the correct navi-base and lenses for same once I have a homelink module in my possession (or 15 Jan 2010 when I'm in Detroit for the NAIAS, whichever comes first).

I am also going to add an "upgrade" to your upgrade. I'd like the map lights to also light up and "theater light dim" in concert with the dome lamp.

Note the 3 attached photos...Another DIY: Honda Homelink-img_9626.jpgAnother DIY: Honda Homelink-img_9625.jpgAnother DIY: Honda Homelink-img_9627withmod.jpg
As detailed in the last picture, I'm going to tap the map lights "off position" into the ceiling light "pink" ground wire....

Cheers

Mike

Old 12-03-2009, 06:55 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by navguy12
Very much so. Will be purchasing the correct navi-base and lenses for same once I have a homelink module in my possession (or 15 Jan 2010 when I'm in Detroit for the NAIAS, whichever comes first).

I am also going to add an "upgrade" to your upgrade. I'd like the map lights to also light up and "theater light dim" in concert with the dome lamp.

Note the 3 attached photos...Attachment 1315Attachment 1316Attachment 1317
As detailed in the last picture, I'm going to tap the map lights "off position" into the ceiling light "pink" ground wire....

Cheers

Mike
I have completed the map light/dome light interconnection modification alluded to above. I shall start a new thread to explain same.