HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Any Honda dealers familiar with the IMA recal issue in the Los Angeles area?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 09:52 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Any Honda dealers familiar with the IMA recal issue in the Los Angeles area?

Has anyone had any success with any Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley Honda dealers in regards to the IMA recals? I'm going to move the problem with them, but of course the first one (second one, actually) I talked to had no idea what I was talking about and wanted $129 to plug in the diagnostic tool... only refundable if a problem was found and was covered by my Honda Care warranty.

I'd rather go to a dealer that is already familiar with the problem.

Any recomendations?

Juan S. Fernandez
2006 HCH, 2006 FEH

Regretting the purchase of the HCH...

Old 12-13-2010, 08:57 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Any Honda dealers familiar with the IMA recal issue in the Los Angeles area?

I take mine to Galpin Honda in Mission Hills. I've taken it in 3 or 4 times with IMA battery issues and they have finally gone through all the steps Honda requires to replace the battery, which they are doing this week. (The diagnostic steps aren't the dealer's fault, it's what Honda requires.)

I've been dealing with Angela in the service department. She's been very helpful in getting things fixed. You can also talk to DJ, he's very knowledgeable as well.