HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Anyone selling their tires?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 01:23 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Anyone selling their tires?

I'm looking for some decent Bridgestone Insignia SE200s (195 65 R15)... the original tire on my HCH II. Perhaps someone took off their original tires / wheels to upgrade to another type... or to 16 or 17" rims? Want to sell those original tires you have sitting around collecting dust?

Glad that I bought two tires & rims from a fellow GH member a couple of years ago! I cut a corner too close last year and popped one tire (rim was not damaged) and put one of the new wheels into service. Last week I had a flat on the freeway. Tire was damaged beyond repair and now I had to put the second one into service. Two of my other tires are getting "thin", so I need two more.

Let me know if you've got spares you want to sell. Looking for the original low rolling resistance tires (bridgestones or I think Dunlops) with very low miles on them. I don't really need the pie-plate rims, but I'll take 'em if the price is right!

Thanks.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:11 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone selling their tires?

Why don't you just buy some from the store They are only 74 bucks each.

Old 03-26-2009, 10:05 AM

Or, why not consider one of the new LRR tires that offers improved technology and likely better economy?

Old 03-27-2009, 01:35 AM

I was quoted $105 by a local tire dealer for that tire... mounted and balanced. When I bought the tires & wheels from someone in Chicago, I think it was $100 per wheel (with shipping). The tires had maybe 100 miles on them!

I was just wondering if someone had a few of these tires lying around collecting dust!

What are the new technology LLR tires? I'm currently getting 53 - 55 mpg (cool temps) and 55 - 60 mpg (summertime temps). I'm hesitant to try something different unless someone can confirm improvement to MPG (or at least no worse MPG). I'm happy with the original tires... but it do admit it would be nice to have a quieter ride! I keep my tires at 42 psi and the ride is a bit noisy.