HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Auto door unlock

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 04:38 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Auto door unlock

Hey All - so, for the really challanged (me ) what would be the step-by-step mode to have:

1) All doors lock upon taking it out of park.

2) Any combo of unlock (driver; driver & pass; all?).

I get confused when trying to read timed instructions and then perfomr them as well (wonder how I have a license, huh? Hey, it's Virginia. It's harder to get a drivers license then it is a gun permit! ).

Thanks!!

Old 11-26-2006, 05:50 PM
Active Enthusiast

To Flash: yes; 2007 only (see messages #3 & 4 below).

To Meerkat & iluvmyhybrid (who started me on this adventure....):

Note: the Owner's Manual (OM) describes only 3 clicks - as I noted in post # 9, I disagree with that description. My clicks 1 & 2 as described in the steps below would be equivalent to the OM click 1. My 3 & 4 are equivelent to the OM's 2 & 3. Also note - position I is different from Off.

Auto Door Unlocking - all 4 doors:

1. Make sure the shift is in Park. Close driver's door. I locked all the doors using the master switch at this point.
2. Turn ignition switch to II position (if you bend down & look at the ignition you can see the proper location for II. The car is not running).
3. Press & hold the UNLOCK side of the master doorlock switch.
4. You will hear a loud click followed immediately by a softer click (clicks 1 & 2); wait 5 seconds for another click (my "click 3").

If you release the switch & turn the ignition back to I within 5 seconds after this "third" click only the driver side door will unlock when car is put into Park).
If you keep pressing & wait another 5 seconds for a "fourth" click, then release the switch & turn the key back to I within 5 seconds, all 4 doors will unlock when car is put into Park.

Auto Door Locking (all four doors) when move out of Park (I have not actually tried this one but assume the same sequence of clicks will be heard):
1. Shift must be in Park. Close driver's door. If I was going to do this I would start with all doors unlocked.
2. Turn key to II position.
3. Push & hold the LOCK side of the driver's side master lock switch
4. You will hear a loud click followed immediately by a soft click (clicks 1 & 2); then about 5 seconds later a third click (click 3)
5. Release the lock switch after the third click. Turn key to position I within 5 seconds.

Last edited by kpalmal; 11-27-2006 at 10:43 AM.
Old 11-26-2006, 06:00 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks KPalMal -

One more question: On the locking portion of the instruction, when is the shifter moved out of "P" during the process?

Step #1 is in "P" and then in #7 you say to move back into "P". But, I don't see when it's moved out of "P" (in order to put it back in).

Does that make sense in how I am explaining my question?

Thanks

Old 11-26-2006, 07:33 PM
Active Enthusiast

Oops - had initially done the steps for a diff't result & forgot to renumber/remove that particular step. No need to move lever out of P for this process! Have now redone the instructions to reflect that!

Old 11-27-2006, 10:20 AM
Enthusiast

Since we're on the subject, is there any way to turn OFF the automatic locking feature that occurs when I am outside the car and walk away? Sometimes it self locks and other times it doesn't. I'd just like to get rid of that feature.

Old 11-27-2006, 11:05 AM
Active Enthusiast

Only thing I see in the manual about this is if you get out of the car & unlock the doors using the remote but don't open a door within 30 seconds, the doors will automatically relock.

Old 11-30-2006, 12:11 PM
Enthusiast

To Kalpalmal

Thanks for taking the time to post the instructions! I am going to try them today and see if I am successful! Sorry for not replying earlier since I was away for a few days!

Bee

Old 11-30-2006, 12:19 PM
Enthusiast
Smile Re: Auto door unlock

kpalmal

I tried it ! It worked! Thank you soooo much! Your directions were much easier to read than the OM! Thanks once again!

bee

Old 11-30-2006, 12:24 PM
Active Enthusiast

I am so glad! I know I was thrilled to stumble onto the right sequence to get mine working properly (no thanks to the OM instructions!)