HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Auto Stop issue

Old 02-26-2010, 02:08 AM
Flying cars for ever...
Default Re: Auto Stop issue

JavaJ

I do get the point. My own dealer seemed to not want to know to start with when I had the transmission fault and after the third visit and finding fault with the software, they apologized for the hassle.
Nope I didn't get any compensation... but, I believe it made them sit up and take notice that there was more to my imagination than perhaps they first thought. It brightned up my day that they actually cured the fault too.

Persevere with your dealer, smile when you go into to see them. Pick a day when you have plenty of time to wait while they check things over. Ask them if you can be told exactly what they are going to do and what they find... and of course how they remedied the situation.

I'll give you a laugh... I was into my Honda dealer Monday past to get the Multiplex Control Unit swapped out as per a letter from Honda head office.
What is the Multiplex Control Unit - a fusebox!!!

Old 02-26-2010, 06:31 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Dougal, you can't fight a world-wide phenomena: why use one word, direct and succinct, when you can replace it with a three word, obtuse phrase, and then distill it down to an unintelligble acronym? The Honda Service Manuals are rife with this, nearly unreadable.

Old 02-26-2010, 06:48 AM
2nd Hybrid Owner

A better name would be "fuse box with integrated micro computer systems". Oops that is more than the 3 words Honda uses but it does define it better.

Old 04-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Hybrid-Hugger

Guys, here are some videos of my auto-stop issue- would love to know if anyone else has experienced this (and found a solution). I will be going to the dealer soon for a winter tire swap and oil change so hopefully this will help them figure out what the issue is.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Shopfee

Old 04-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Active Enthusiast

Maybe it's just too cold outside?

It doesn't get that cold here in NC, but when it was down in the twenties, the engine temp had to be between 150F to 160F before autostop engaged. And even if that happened, the engine would cool down to 150F and autostop would disengage. However, now that it's warmer out, the engine temp can be just over 100F and the auto stop engages.

Is there anyone else that has temps that cold where autostop does engage? Mendel, Harold?

Just curious.

Jess

Old 04-05-2010, 07:06 PM

Jason, we had a few instances, the winter before last: stopped at a red light, the revs would run up to arount 2500~3000. Very freaky. Pushed into neutral, it went even higher, I guess due to no load. Drove a block or two, stopped again, the idle was back to normal. This happened on and off over the course of a month, then not since, knock on wood.

I can only guess is the software is buggy, under certain conditions, temps, it does not perform as it should. I would persevere with your dealership. Can you email them the link to the video?

Jess, I may be in the Great White North, but I'm on the temperate west coast of it. Maybe MSantos will comment? He's in Winnipeg.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:55 AM

Had the temp got up to operating temp yet? Almost like should I or shouldn't I. But then mine will not Auto stop in any gear other than D! Weird!!!
Cheers

H

Old 04-06-2010, 10:40 AM
Hybrid-Hugger

I will add that these were Winter conditions on the video- but I have had this happen for years- even in Summer. I totally think it has to do with that threshold where it decides to go into AS or not. But one thing that does stick in my mind- is why would it rev so high in the first place- even with my foot off the brake- it will start lurching forward- and worse- if I do step on the gas when the revs are at their highest- I jerk the car. Almost seems to be a case of------- wait for it -------- unintended acceleration!

Old 04-06-2010, 01:59 PM

Hi Gary;
It sounds like Gary[Oriental Express]had this same problem. You should have your Dealer contact his Dealer? That lurching could be hard on the CVT. I guess you just stick it in neutral when this happens. I noticed your temp. was very low when you took the movie as well. H

Old 04-06-2010, 02:00 PM

Sorry a meant Jason on that last response. H

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Auto Stop issue

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands