HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Auto Stop issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 01:54 PM
Hybrid-Hugger
Default Re: Auto Stop issue

Well, I brought it ini to my deal- T and T Honda in Calgary, AB. They were very impressed that I got video on YouTube showing the issue. So much so that they got a few repair people to look at it. They wouldn't do any software flashing (event though there are some newer service bulletins about it)- but want me to bring it in the night before we know it will be colder outside. They want to get their computer on it while it is happening to see what is going on.
Makes it worth having an iphone that can upload to Youtube right away. I will post what they end up finding (unless we have a heat wave and can't do this until the fall).

Old 04-21-2010, 07:03 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Well,hopefully they get to the rout of the problem for you. Good luck, H

Old 04-22-2010, 09:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

It's possible that the PCM is going nuts. Resetting/replacing that component or doing idle-learn may help. Hope the dealer will figure it out for you without too much hassle. FYI, here's an excerpt from a TSB on how to perform an idle-learn procedure:

Idle Learn Procedure

To ensure a steady engine idle, do the idle learn
procedure after installing the (No. 23) 10 A Backup
fuse.

NOTE: Idle speed adjustment is done by the PCM;
there is no adjustment screw. Idle learn must be done
whenever you reset, update, or replace the PCM. It
does not need to be done after you clear DTCs with the
HDS.

1. Make sure all electrical items (A/C, audio unit,
defogger, lights, etc.) are off.
2. Start the engine. Hold the engine speed at
3,000 rpm without load (in Park or Neutral) until
the radiator fan comes on.
3. Let the engine idle for 10 minutes with the throttle
closed.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:00 AM

Hi Morgani;
I did a forced charge of my pack to get the SOC up to 8 pips and while revving at 2500 RPM's every now and then the fast idle would drop 500 RPM's for a few seconds. Is this normal behavior.
H

Old 04-25-2010, 12:11 PM

I wonder if step 2 in the above is purely for service people, ie: is the object just to warm up the engine, and would going for a drive accomplish the same thing? In other words: after a good drive (to a useful destination), just leave the engine idling for ten minutes.

I don't think it's possible for me to do that, it would drive me a little nuts watching the fuel consumption go up and up.

Last edited by Mendel Leisk; 04-25-2010 at 12:13 PM.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:30 PM

Actually Mendel it charged up very quick. Only a few min.. I find it very difficult to get a full SOC when driving unless descending a long hill. I understand you need 8 pips in order to find sahm? What is the best method for getting the SOC full when normal driving? H

Old 05-03-2010, 07:37 PM

I don't know that you need the IMA to be displaying fully charged, for the Idle Learn Procedure to work. I think object of the sustained high rev'ing (step 2 above) is just to warm the engine, not to raise the state of charge. That's why I'm thinking just go for a drive, hopefully somewhere practical.

I think MSantos suggests to just go for a leisurely drive, say 15 minutes minimum, as a way for the car's computer to "relearn". To skip the sustained high rev and proctracted idling. Both of these items make me a little ill, I can just see the mileage climbing (Canada) or plummeting (United States of America).

Old 05-04-2010, 08:09 AM

Yes I know where your coming from Mendel. I had been out for a drive on fairly flat terrain and for the trip could not get a full SOC witch I understand you need in order to get sahm mode? So when I parked in the garage I held the rev's a 3000 rpm until full SOC. did not take long. I noticed the rev's would drop 500 rpm every 30 sec. or so. I wonder why. Anyway I believe the best way to get full SOC would be to put the CVT in 2 and carry on until SOC is full and then hunt for sahm mode. H

Old 05-04-2010, 12:15 PM

I'm lost regarding "sahm", what does that mean?

Old 05-04-2010, 06:44 PM

Super Atkins Hyway Mode. Msantos has a tread on HCH hybrid at Clean MPG. Check it out as it is very interesting. You can achieve 70-90 mpg in this mode. That is, I believe how Wayne managed the 48 state record of around 75+ mpg average.
H

Quick Reply: Auto Stop issue

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands