HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Balancing hybrid battery

Old 03-01-2017, 07:36 AM
Enthusiast
Default Balancing hybrid battery

After having my IMA battery out of the car but 20 times going through the sticks although it helps is to the point to where it's not assisting but it still has have voltage in the 180s constantly. But does not asist at all anymore. My question is after the voltage tops on the charging side and then it starts going down how do you know when the balance voltage is reached? I feel this is the only chance to start getting an assist from this battery pack? Does anyone have any idea of why it does not exist anymore even with the high-voltage thanks I look forward to any replies only

Old 03-01-2017, 08:33 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Balancing hybrid battery

As a former owner of 2 HCH2 and the not-so-proud owner of about 9 packs worth of subpacks (yes, 99 subpacks), with nearly all of them being bad, I feel your pain. This doesn't include the 2 good ones that went with the car.

"going through the sticks" - given the fact that I have horrible experience with these, I suspect that your efforts at "going through the sticks" failed.

You need to check the tap voltages via the orange connector from the battery to the BCM. you don't need to unplug it. You just probe from the wire end:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/forums/f...tml#post261753

Measure those to .XX accuracy and report back.

Steve

P.S. what codes are present?

Last edited by S Keith; 03-01-2017 at 08:37 AM.