HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Boiling noise under hood during Autostop

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 12:57 AM
Enthusiast
Unhappy Boiling noise under hood during Autostop

Has anyone experienced this occurrence? It seems to only happen when I'm Autostopped when it is easier to hear w/o the gas engine drowning out the noise. At the same time, I feel a slight rumbling on the steering wheel. I'm not experiencing engine overheating according to dash gauge, and no engine warnings appear on the dash. Coolant level appears slightly higher than the max line. Dip stick shows ample engine oil. I tried attaching two ODBII Scanners but it only errors out.

Any ideas? I'll probably call Honda tomorrow for advice.

Sigh

Old 12-11-2007, 06:29 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Boiling noise under hood during Autostop

I have never heard that noise. I would definitely call Honda. Let us know what's up!

Old 12-11-2007, 08:28 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Is your cooling running at norm? Half way on the guage.No steam? H

Old 12-11-2007, 09:58 AM
Active Enthusiast

It may be your coolant moving in or out of the overflow resevoir. If so, thats normal. I haven't noticed it in my Civic, but my Z28 does it. I know what sound you are talking about.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:14 PM
Enthusiast

Harold,

No steam from the hood and thermometer reading is only at half.

I've check with the Honda dealership and they asked if this occurrence can be duplicated. I had to say no, but it happens.

Guess I have to wait till this worsens.

=/

Old 12-12-2007, 01:03 AM
Enthusiast

r2d2

i think i have the same problem during autostop. i notice that if i slightly lift my feet off the brake pedal(not enough to disengage autostop) the grumbling and slight vibration occurs. Sometimes it is accompanied by a light clicking sound.

is this what you're talking about? i never bothered to investigate further.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:03 AM
Enthusiast

Remy,

I've experienced that vibration and that is normal. Not so much the grumbling and clicking sound. Can anyone else validate that sound during deceleration?

However, that is not the same problem that I'm experiencing. After driving two years with my car I'm familiar with the feel and sounds, the rumbling boiling experience is definitely new.

Old 12-13-2007, 02:35 PM
Enthusiast

I have a similar problem. After having my car serviced, Changed oil and CVT fluid, at a Honda Dealer, I shortly thereafter noticed a clicking sound when accelerating from a dead stop, and when I brake to a stop. The sound is like a loose cross joint, it just clicks once and it is not constant. Does anybody know what could cause this? It is driving me nuts not to know the source of the sound. Could it be CVT related, Suspension, ???

Old 12-13-2007, 03:27 PM
Think green.

Fasteddie,
I wonder if they left a loose bolt or plastic clip, and it's sitting on top of the "under-cover", so when you start or stop it moves around, making a sound?

Old 12-13-2007, 03:48 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gairwyn
Fasteddie,
I wonder if they left a loose bolt or plastic clip, and it's sitting on top of the "under-cover", so when you start or stop it moves around, making a sound?
Gee I hope it is not a bolt that is important to hold anything in place. I will certainly look into it though, Thanks for your insight.

Quick Reply: Boiling noise under hood during Autostop

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands