HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Car Jacked!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 11:34 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Car Jacked!

Well they got my '06 HCH from me tonight at gun point. Some punk kid waited for me to walk across the parking lot at my work and press the unlock button. As soon as that happened he ran over, pulled a gun, demanded the keys, and made me lay down in the parking lot until he drove away.

I was just thinking this weekend how much i really loved this car. The police say there's a good chance they'll recover the car; I'm kinda hoping they don't. I'm afraid what kind of terrible things are happening to it right now. At least I didn't get hurt - thank goodness for that.

I'll post again if there's an update.

Cheers,
-dan

Old 05-01-2007, 04:35 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Car Jacked!

How terrible.
I'm glad you are okay.
Wow!!!

Hope he hypermiles.

Old 05-01-2007, 05:43 AM
Eco Accelerometrist

Geesh;

This is incredibly sick and depressing.

One would think that the HCH-2 would be among the list of vehicles most car jackers and thieves would avoid since it is not much of a get-away kind of car, heh?

But NOooo. There had to be one "amoeba-brain" kid who picked one. I hope the car is in good shape if you get it back.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 05-01-2007, 05:57 AM
Banned

He was probably high on drugs.

Old 05-01-2007, 07:18 AM
Active Enthusiast

Glad to hear you're ok, even if a bit shaken up. How's the insurance company treating you?

Old 05-01-2007, 07:56 AM
Über Lord of Hypermillia

Bummer, what part of town do you work in?

Old 05-01-2007, 08:32 AM
Enthusiast

Wow, sorry to hear that man. :-( The important thing is that you're ok. Cars can be replaced, you cannot...

Old 05-01-2007, 08:59 AM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks everyone for your concern.

Unfortunetly, when the kid drove off, it did not look like he'd be doing much hypermiliing. I don't think he knew he was getting a hybrid. He probably was disappointed when he planted his foot to speed away and not much happened.

I learned several valuable lessons last night. The kid was loitering around my office building's dark parking lot - there was no one else around. He and I saw each other as soon as I walked out of the building. My spider senses were tingling but instead of turning around and going back, I thought to myself, I've done this a thousand times - nothing is going to happen. He kept on his way increasing the distance between us as I walked out to my car - the only car in the center of the lot. As soon as I unlocked the doors, I heard him running toward me and I knew things had just taken a dramatic turn against me. When I turned around he had his gun drawn and was demanding the keys.

My advice to everyone is don't become complacent like me. Think ahead of what you're going to do if you see some suspicious around - especially if you are the only other person around. Don't assume nothing will happen or go wrong in this situation.

-dan

Old 05-01-2007, 09:11 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Wow. What a story, I can't believe it. Glad you are ok. Gives me chills thinking about it.

Old 05-01-2007, 09:14 AM
Active Enthusiast

Wow, sorry this happened. Don't blame yourself it was a random act. Did you get a good look at the guy? White guy, what?

I'm wondering if this isn't the start of thieves going after these cars for parts. It sound like he knew what he was doing if he was hanging around and stole the car rather than money or whatever else. Besides if you're out to rob someone a Honda guy isn't necessarily the best high dollar target. Nor is a Civic Hybrid the best getaway car.

Quick Reply: Car Jacked!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands