HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Comfortable tire and brake pad recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 11:03 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Comfortable tire and brake pad recommendations?

I know the ecopia's do the best mpg-wise, but whats a runner up that has a better review for comfort? The continental trucontacts or michelin a/s perhaps?

As for pads, any recommendations? They are anywhere from 5usd to 48usd a set.

Old 04-30-2019, 07:53 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Comfortable tire and brake pad recommendations?

Have you checked OEM prices on ebay? My OEM Toyota pads and rotors were only a few bucks more than more name brand brakes. I got 100k miles out of the original brakes so I figured I couldn't go wrong with OEM. I've also used EBC brakes. I like that they're made in UK and US, not some chinese factory.

Old 04-30-2019, 08:41 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Comfortable tire and brake pad recommendations?

Originally Posted by dlstech
Have you checked OEM prices on ebay? My OEM Toyota pads and rotors were only a few bucks more than more name brand brakes. I got 100k miles out of the original brakes so I figured I couldn't go wrong with OEM. I've also used EBC brakes. I like that they're made in UK and US, not some chinese factory.
I heard a number of bad things about oem pads with honda along with them being quite expensive, so I decided to go with bosch quietcast, which was quite well rated for braking and longevity. I also like how it came with new shims, wires and lubricant.