HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Custom Trunk Tray for HCH II?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 10:33 AM
Technology Junkie
Default Custom Trunk Tray for HCH II?

Does anybody know where you can get a custom fitted trunk tray for the HCH II? I am currently using a trunk tray for a regular Civic. It's little bigger and not very thick (poor quality). Got it from College Hills Honda for $69. I am interested in a fitted and higher quality tray.

Thanks

Old 08-31-2006, 10:50 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Custom Trunk Tray for HCH II?

I have been looking as well. I haven't actaully found anything that is fitted specifically for the Civic Hybrid though. I hope somebody has and writes about it though, as I am also interested in finding one.

I am also looking for some type of drink holder for the rear seats. I was mad when I realized that the middle part of the rear seat doesn't fold down either. What is up with that!!?? I have been looking for single window type drink holders, or maybe a center console.

I didn't think the regular Civic truck try would fit into the Civic Hybrid's trunk. Does it look like it could be cut and folded to fit?

Old 08-31-2006, 11:04 AM
Active Enthusiast

What's odd is that IIRC, the HAH gets a different trunk tray specifically for the hybrid, different from the standard accord trunk tray. The Civic does not.

The only other place I can think to try is Weathertech, but I would bet they do not offer one for the HCHII as yet either...

Old 08-31-2006, 12:45 PM
Technology Junkie

I spoke to a representative from Weathertech and they do not manufacture a trunk tray for the HCH II. This conversation occurred about a month ago, so I doubt anything has changed.

Old 08-31-2006, 01:13 PM
Proud owner HCHII

I have fitted the cargo net from College Hills it works perfectly, but of course it is not a tray. How about a couple of plastic oblong trays/bins from Wal-Mart, which is what my sis-in-law does? A few months ago, when I asked the same question, someone posted a tray from a Volvo or was it a Saab. It fitted with a squeeze and I think the guy (Canadian?) posted a photograph.

Last edited by Tulip; 08-31-2006 at 01:18 PM.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:27 PM
hypermiler wannabe

I bought a tray from College Hills (non-hybrid sedan) knowing it would not fit. It ships rolled up like a carpet, so I left it in the sun for about 20mins, let it get soft and flat, then placed it in the trunk. About 4 inches curled up against the battery cover. I used a utility knive and (carefully) cut off the excess tray. Fits like a custom-cut glove! (It's too late and too dark for pics, but I'll post some later if ya'd like)

Old 09-03-2006, 11:33 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by davidwells
but I'll post some later if ya'd like)
Yes, please! I'd be interested in seeing what that looks like! Thanks.

Old 09-04-2006, 12:29 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tulip
I have fitted the cargo net from College Hills it works perfectly.
Why was the net not listed as an option for the HCH II on the Honda site? I'd like to get one if it works fine.

Old 09-04-2006, 05:14 PM
hypermiler wannabe

Originally Posted by Anahymbrid
Yes, please! I'd be interested in seeing what that looks like! Thanks.
Sure, here you go:
http://www.davidwells.com/cars/civic...trunktray.html

Old 09-04-2006, 11:49 PM
Proud owner HCHII

Medicmike - cargo net reply

Like the trunk tray, you have to adapt the cargo net from the regular sedan by cutting the templates back a bit as the trunk is slightly shorter.

Quick Reply: Custom Trunk Tray for HCH II?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands