HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Day/Night Mirror option reviews

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 05:22 PM
Enthusiast
Default Day/Night Mirror option reviews

Hello All

I searched but did not find too much on this option for the Civic. Basically for people who have it my question is whether you think it works well.

I had one in an Acura but I never thought it dimmed enough so I was wondering what people feel about this one. With the winter coming and with it getting dark so much earlier, I have already had my fill of headlights from people behind me.

For $200 I wish it had Homelink but alas No. I know there are non Honda ones that do but I really prefer OEM fit and finish if possible.

Appreciate any thoughts. Thanks

Last edited by kettleone; 09-28-2006 at 05:32 PM.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:48 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Day/Night Mirror option reviews

http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/aumiwiho.html

Im about to purchase this one. They are an OEM manufacturer.

Old 09-29-2006, 07:35 AM
Enthusiast

I got the option when I purchased my Civic. I had one in two previous cars, and wanted to keep the trend going. Plus, my wife always used to flip the darn thing the wrong way! Then I'd be flipping it later when I drove it and I'd be looking at the ceiling - or the rear seat...anything besides directly behind the car.

I have seen several threads from people that have bought this option, and even installed it themselves. I just had them do it when I got the car...along with fog lamps and the rear chrome tail pipe (which looks very sharp, IMHO).

Anyway, as far as the visor's operation...I haven't had any trouble with it. It is always dark enough for me. And the compass is useful sometimes...when you aren't using GPS or didn't buy it.

I would say that it is well worth it. Then you don't have to always drive with these on....

By the way, Hey Otto, That is a pretty sweet visor too!!!

Old 09-30-2006, 08:36 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Otto
http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/aumiwiho.html

Im about to purchase this one. They are an OEM manufacturer.
My only question with this one would be where you would get power to supply it. I.E. do you have to splice into something that is in the headliner etc.

Old 09-30-2006, 08:51 AM
Enthusiast

The installation would be identical to the Honda mirror.

Even if the wire harness was not long enough to reach to the fuse box, you could either extend the wire harness by soldering longer lengths of wire, or just wire it to the overhead lights.

Old 09-30-2006, 05:08 PM
Enthusiast

I purchased my from my local Honda dealer and think it works great. It is much more effective at dimming than previous ones I've owned.