HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Daylight Savings Time Changed correctly? NOT

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 12:41 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Daylight Savings Time Changed correctly? NOT

So for those of us with an '06 HCH, which did NOT automatically adjust for DST, will a new DVD map update include a fix for this? Or will the dealer have a fix to update the new DST dates?
Anyone know?

Old 03-12-2007, 12:48 PM
Enthusiast

I am not even sure if all 07s fix it, like I said, I dont know what is going on with mine, if it even fixed itself.

Old 03-12-2007, 12:51 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

IMO this early DST switch is total buffoonery. If you agree, contact your state legislators and recommend they exempt your state from DST starting next year unless Congress restores the old dates. (I'm old enough to remember when DST started on the last Sunday in April.) Arizona & Hawaii (and most of Indiana, IIRC) get along fine on year-round standard time; so can the rest of us, especially in the South.

Old 03-12-2007, 01:40 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tanstaafl14
IMO this early DST switch is total buffoonery. If you agree, contact your state legislators and recommend they exempt your state from DST starting next year unless Congress restores the old dates. (I'm old enough to remember when DST started on the last Sunday in April.) Arizona & Hawaii (and most of Indiana, IIRC) get along fine on year-round standard time; so can the rest of us, especially in the South.
Please for the love of god don't do this. I have no problem if there is DST or no DST, but if we have to patch every server and computer (about 8000, mix of unix, linux, and many versions of windows) again, I will hurt someone

Old 03-13-2007, 07:28 PM
Energy Independence

The NAVI software programmed into the chip is what needs to be updated to select March (rather than April) as the time to switch. I believe the GPS signal has nothing to do with it.
Now, can it be updated by buying the latest map DVD? It's possible, but I doubt that the clock update logic was even on the latest released DVD.

Orient Express, when was the last time you had your car in for service? It's possible irkedpenguin (or maybe a service tech ) updated your clock's software at the dealership. Or maybe your 2007 is newer than some others that did not reset the time. That might imply that Honda patched it at the factory on newer 2007s. -- all just guesses

Old 03-13-2007, 08:32 PM
Enthusiast

I would say the Honda Dealerships should make good on this problem.
I believe our WARRANTY should cover this issue.
Will be calling the Honda Field Rep about this and post results.

Old 03-14-2007, 11:32 AM
Enthusiast

I sent an email to my local Honda Service Manager and this was her response:

Hello,

This is what I found for serch on American Honda’s dealership website.

“New daylight saving time schedule poses navi clock problem”

“This year, a new federal law kicks in that stretches out Daylight Saving Time (DST) by a full month. DST now starts on the 2nd Sunday in March and ends the 1st Sunday in November. For this year, it means the clocks spring forward at 2am. On March 11th, and fall back at the same time on November 4th.

In navigation systems that allow for DST, this poses a problem-the system doesn’t know about the new DST schedule. We’re working on a software patch to correct for this new schedule, but until it’s available, here’s what you can do when the clocks spring forward:

Go to the appropriate screen that’s used for adjusting the clock.

If the screen has a setting for DST, turn off that setting and go to step 2.
If the screen doesn’t have a setting for DST, go to step 2.

Set the clock to the correct time if needed.”

I hope this will help, and I’m sure when the software patch becomes available American Honda will send out notices to those customers who’s vehicles are effected.

Linda Sharp

So according to her, Honda is working on a patch. Guess I'll believe it when I see it.

Old 03-14-2007, 12:38 PM
World's First Hybrid

Funny stuff. "A Patch". Too bad they only had 2 years to work out a solution to the problem. Good thing the national security didn't depend on it. Strange that all my computers made the switch with no problem....

Old 03-14-2007, 01:27 PM
Enthusiast

In honda's defense, one of our software vendors didn't get their DST patch to us until the Wednesday before the time change, and the system would not of run without it. So it seems everyone else is also ranslow on this.

Old 03-14-2007, 01:29 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

GPS signal does not contain timezone locale information... that is your software.

GPS only has GMT time. Your software calculates which timezone your in, your software also figures out if that timezone follows DST or not. If the DST table is incorrect (pre-2007) it will not correctly calculate your local time.

So move to AZ if you want the correct time. ;-)

Quick Reply: Daylight Savings Time Changed correctly? NOT

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands