HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Does anyone else think the blue interior is UGLY?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 09:16 PM
2007 white Civic Hybrid
Angry Does anyone else think the blue interior is UGLY?

I had wanted a silver exterior 2007 Civic Hybrid, but when I saw the blue interior of a silver model on the dealer's lot, I quickly changed my mind. What's worse is that the blue plastic parts of the interior are absolutely hideous...it makes the car look cheap. I ended up getting a white/ivory model, and am happy with it. But I hate the lack of variety in hybrid colors. The regular Civic has a much better color selection. I guess I won't be getting a cherry red hybrid after all...sigh.

Old 07-27-2007, 09:37 PM
Part Time Hybrids
Default Re: Does anyone else think the blue interior is UGLY?

You have to remember the HCH is still a civic. Civic's are not exactly entry level luxury cars. Honda could have made a specific interior just for hybrids but then I suspect the cost of the car would rise above making it a prius rival.

I would expect the next pure hybrid they put out to cross the line and offer leather and other nifty perks.

And personally I like the blue interior, goes nicely with my cars blue outside. Plus at night I think the dark blue hides the inside better, people passing see only the faint illumination of your face from the displays. Add some blue lighting under the pedels and along the door and you can let your imagination run

Old 07-27-2007, 09:46 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Lets compare in three years.
My dark blue will look like new.
Your beige will look very dirty.

Even new I like the blue a zillion times better than the beige.

People vary.
To each his own.

I'm glad we both got what we like.

Old 07-27-2007, 10:02 PM
HypoFueler

l heard the silver/blue get best FE

Old 07-27-2007, 11:00 PM
Happy Camper Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spartybrutus
l heard the silver/blue get best FE
hmmm, your silver/blue does seem to do better than my blue/blue . . . of course, my spouse doesn't get to drive yours. . . .

--doug

Old 07-27-2007, 11:28 PM
Eco Accelerometrist

Nope, I don't think the blue interior is ugly at all. Quite the opposite. Many of us find it to be one of the most redeeming styling interior attributes in the 2nd gen HCH.

In fact, I got my silver 2006 because of the blue interior. My wife then got her 2007 mag pearl BECAUSE of the blue interior. Even the dealers did not want to keep the the white and fluorite metalic HCH-2's because their tan interiors were less popular.

As they explained, the cars with tan interiors were often sold to the local utilities and municipal service fleets since they were not as picky about color and options as most private owners are.

But heck, isn't it nice that despite the rather limited selection of available colors we can still choose what's best for our tastes?

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 07-28-2007, 04:30 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I got the Mag Pearl because I thought that the tan looked terrible and I was very concerned about how dirty it would get. Even with what little tan is in mine, it looks dirty and I clean it and get it scotch guarded frequently. I cannot imagine an entire interior that way. That being said, I did not really like either one. I preferred my HCH I interior.

Old 07-28-2007, 05:30 PM
ggggggggg

I think the words out of the mouth of my fiance about the beige was "cat puke yellow".

We snagged the Metallic Pearl w/ blue interior.

Old 07-28-2007, 07:24 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I chose the mp since it was special to the hybrid along with the green. I really like the blue interior since it sets it apart. Plus the beige interior would not survive the midwest winters.

Old 07-28-2007, 10:14 PM
Enthusiast

Great discussion..

The blue interior is a real downer for me as well. Just looks very cheap. I also find that darker interiors tend to show dirt much more (it's the contrast), than say medium colors ...and in 5-7 years, a blue interior MAY be prone to fading.

I too am bummed with both interiors... I just think that the tan/ivory looks more upscale, with the darker blue seeming to look very entry level. I guess it IS a civic

Quick Reply: Does anyone else think the blue interior is UGLY?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands