HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Does anyone else think the blue interior is UGLY?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 10:53 PM
Energy Independence
Default Re: Does anyone else think the blue interior is UGLY?

Spouse and I both prefer the blue interior.

I agree that both interiors are not very upscale-looking. But this IS a Civic.

You could replace it with leather. If I was planning that, I might go with the tan/ivory interior (replacing the seating and armrests with light tan leather. That would look nice.

But I REALLY liked the Magnetic Pearl exterior color - and not JUST because it's specific to the Hybrid. It's a cool color, period. So to get that, I had to get the blue interior. Fine by me

Old 07-29-2007, 06:51 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I agree with you 100%. The hideous blue interior is the reason that I too went with white instead of silver. Does anyone know why they don't sell the hybrid in the same colors as the non-hybrid?

Old 07-30-2007, 07:53 AM
Enthusiast

My 2007 HCH is Magnetic Pearl with blue interior. I love the color and everyone that I have showed off my car to love it as well. When I bought my car, I test drove a silver/tan interior HCH. Hated it. I said the only way I'll buy one is if they get me the Magnetic Pearl. So they had to bring my HCH from Waco.

Old 07-30-2007, 09:42 AM
Active Enthusiast

The different color choices between the HCH and the regular Civic exist because the regular Civic is manufactured here in the USA, while the hybrid is built in Japan and shipped here.

Incidentally, the Japanese have more color and interior choices in their HCHs than we do. Honda really limits the variety they ship overseas.

Regarding the interior on current HCH2, I would prefer an all-black format. It looks classy, hides dirt and stains, and matches any exterior color. Plus it would simplify (meaning make less-expensive) Honda's inventory of interior components.

I don't mind the blue/silver combo. A dark, flat color on the dash reduces glare, while the lighter lower sections brighten the interior. But you can't go wrong with black.

Old 07-30-2007, 10:18 AM

The blue was a big selling point for me. It seems these days the only interiors you can get are tan and black on most cars (tan=dirty quickly and black=hot!). I really like the blue!

Old 08-01-2007, 09:25 AM
Enthusiast

We already had a silver 07 ex coupe civic, and didn't want another silver car. The blue interior just reminded me of older blue interior's on american cars in the 70's-90's. Just revolting if you ask me. I wasn't hot on the ivory either. I think it's much too light. Went with the Galaxy Grey color after a few minutes of deciding between TW an GG. White was sort of a 90's trend. I'm not hot on the GG color either and I guess if I had it to do over again, I would've just bought the Alabaster silver HCH II anyway! Maybe I'm forgetting how ugly I thought the blue was, and how dirty my ivory interior is getting. Having 2 silver cars woldn't be bad would it?

I'm happy enough, although avg. only 40mpg actual lifetime(38 on dash) after 5k miles. My locale is quite hilly for terrain and have many stoplights and my wife's commute in the car is 1/2 stop and go traffic. I use the car at nights for pizza delivery in a heavily hilly/urban coastal area with many stoplights. I suspect that on flat roads somewhere in Oklahoma going 50-60 mph, getting 50+ mpg would be easy to get.

My wife wore a hole in the hybrid's floormat after 2k miles but she does drive in heels all the time.

Dave

Old 08-01-2007, 03:55 PM
Active Enthusiast

The Civic floormats suck, and, yes, going 60 mph in Oklahoma does yield 50+ mpg.

Old 08-01-2007, 04:26 PM
Enthusiast

I like my blue interior, I really liked the (sorry don't have color code) brownish grey metallic exterior color but was didn't want the tan interior. Won't work in Alaska with the salt & dirt that we have. As many have pointed out it may show on the darker color earlier (I will clean it more often) which will in turn keep it in better condition. I like my Mag pearl exterior except it is a pain to keep clean, and I like to keep it that way.

Old 08-01-2007, 07:42 PM
Energy Independence

Originally Posted by Big E AK
I like my Mag pearl exterior except it is a pain to keep clean...
Very true. But it's SO pretty when it IS clean

Old 08-02-2007, 02:19 PM

I agree with Doug, I went white as well. Nothing wrong with biege, just spray on the scotch gard . I spilled black coffee on mine and no stain. I did a little praying thu! H

Quick Reply: Does anyone else think the blue interior is UGLY?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands