HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Does anyone else think the blue interior is UGLY?

Old 08-02-2007, 07:04 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Does anyone else think the blue interior is UGLY?

The interior choices are one of the things standing in the way of me and hybrid ownership. Having a tan interior in my current Navigator taught me never to go tan insides again - gorgeous when clean, but only clean for a day or two.

The blue interior wouldn't be *too* awful, if not for the two-toned look. The dash is half and half, and doesn't seem to mesh very well. I'd love to see a dark gray / black interior as an option. Heck I'd probably even take light grey.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:19 PM
Energy Independence

The two-tone blue-n-ivory is not for everybody. And I definitely see where some look at it as crossing the line and looking cheap. I OWN the blue-n-ivory, and agree it should have been executed a bit better, especially in the (giant) dash area. I find the execution on the positive side of that "good-taste" line, but it is very subjective. The ivory looks OK to me, but the "showing dirt factor", along with the "hybrid-unique factor" of the 2-tone blue-n-ivory swayed me. Plus the wifey liked it better, too

Old 08-03-2007, 07:53 AM
Doing it for the money

I like the mag pearl and the two-tone interior. Don't get me wrong, I love my Galaxy/Ivory (last Hybrid on the lot that day), but my head still turns whenever I see a mag pearl HCHII.

The Ivory fabric smudges if you look at it crosswise, and I have three boys under age 6. Most days I walk around with my hand permanently slapped to my forehead, sighing like Lt. Kif.

Galaxy doesn't show dirt, but the touch-up paint is spectacularly awful. Not enough lampblack, so it looks more silver than taupe (yes, I have the right paint!).

Old 08-03-2007, 09:37 AM
Hybrid-Hugger

Nope, I like it. The creamy color looks ugly- like a cheap GM. The two-tone blue/taupe is very cool and sporty- and different from everything else out there.
J

Old 08-03-2007, 11:58 AM
Enthusiast

"civicracer32" said it best... the blue interior is a throw back to the cars I remember from the '70's. I can picture my father's Ford Gran Torino as we speak... Oh well, not much we can do about it

Old 08-03-2007, 12:39 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

the silver and the blue don't go very well...well, the rear dash where the radio speakers are. the silver and the light tan look horrible when looking from the outside. the mp i didn't really notice it.