HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

DVD Navigation is broken?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 07:05 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default DVD Navigation is broken?

As I was driving back home today from work. My navigation hiccuped (see pic). Anyone have any idea what is going on? Thank goodness I am staying home from work tomorrow so that I can go and check out the dealership. Sucks though . My car has less than 10k on it and is only a year old. edit: its a 2007 civic hybrid with nav

Old 04-17-2008, 07:37 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: DVD Navigation is broken?

Did you try removing the DVD to inspect it? It could be scratched or damaged. Also, maybe removing and re-inserting the DVD might fix this.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:58 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pagemap
Did you try removing the DVD to inspect it? It could be scratched or damaged. Also, maybe removing and re-inserting the DVD might fix this.
thats the first thing I did. THis happened two weeks ago for the first time. This was the second time that it happened. The DVD was clean as expected with very few scratches. Perhaps the laser is defunct?

Old 04-18-2008, 01:46 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Did you take it to the dealer? If so, what happened? If not you can try putting it into diagnostics mode:
1. Turn ignition to on (II) position.
2. Press and hold menu, map/guide, and cancel button for 3 seconds.
You can try and fool around with that to see if you get any information.
Let us know what happens

Old 04-18-2008, 05:59 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

This is a long shot, but, do you smoke in your car?

Old 04-20-2008, 02:06 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by giantquesadilla
Did you take it to the dealer? If so, what happened? If not you can try putting it into diagnostics mode:
1. Turn ignition to on (II) position.
2. Press and hold menu, map/guide, and cancel button for 3 seconds.
You can try and fool around with that to see if you get any information.
Let us know what happens
i dont advise doing this. your car is under warranty let the dealer fix it. most likely it needs a new nav/audio unit. ive seen a few of these recently due to faulty cradles in the dvd unit for the nav disc. the disc wobbles in the cradle and scratches the disc.

as for the self diag mode i dont know if any of you know this but you can do irrepairable damage by clicking a couple different things in the nav diag mode. and a disc read error wont be detected by the self diag anyway. that mode is more for us to diag controller and button problems and to check to make sure gps antennas are working and to install newer software

Old 04-20-2008, 10:21 PM
Active Enthusiast

giantquesadilla: I took it to the dealer. I couldnt leave it for too long, but the guy said that the DVD was severely scratched on the outside. I did not notice it the first time as I was looking on the inside. Theres a ~3 mm wide scratch that goes all the way around the disc. Bullet basicly said word for word exactly what the guy at the dealership said. seriously, word for word. It seems there are a few units out there that scratch the dvd.

spinner: no, I dont spoke or let anyone even eat in my car.

i will take it to the dealer next week to get it replaced hopefully. Still under warranty so it should be good.

Thank you all for your help.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:03 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bullet4
i dont advise doing this. your car is under warranty let the dealer fix it. most likely it needs a new nav/audio unit. ive seen a few of these recently due to faulty cradles in the dvd unit for the nav disc. the disc wobbles in the cradle and scratches the disc.

as for the self diag mode i dont know if any of you know this but you can do irrepairable damage by clicking a couple different things in the nav diag mode. and a disc read error wont be detected by the self diag anyway. that mode is more for us to diag controller and button problems and to check to make sure gps antennas are working and to install newer software
Thanks. I didn't know that. I don't have a nav, so I have never tried this diagnostics function.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:49 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nark
giantquesadilla: I took it to the dealer. I couldnt leave it for too long, but the guy said that the DVD was severely scratched on the outside. I did not notice it the first time as I was looking on the inside. Theres a ~3 mm wide scratch that goes all the way around the disc. Bullet basicly said word for word exactly what the guy at the dealership said. seriously, word for word. It seems there are a few units out there that scratch the dvd.

spinner: no, I dont spoke or let anyone even eat in my car.

i will take it to the dealer next week to get it replaced hopefully. Still under warranty so it should be good.

Thank you all for your help.

glad to be of assistance. every once in a while i know what im talking about

Old 04-24-2008, 11:20 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bullet4
glad to be of assistance. every once in a while i know what im talking about
hehe, that sounds hard to believe. It seems like you know what you are talking about all the time. I will check out the dealer this sat.

Quick Reply: DVD Navigation is broken?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands