HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Engine Idle Noise

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 01:57 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Engine Idle Noise

Originally Posted by mhaven98
Thanks for the responses. Well I can say it isn't low oil as I checked that about 10 minutes ago and the oil level is right where it should be.

As for the gas, I suppose it could be bad gas as I am using the usual 87 octane regular unleaded but it is the same station I always use for gas and it is possible that they changed their supplier or got a bad batch.

Another thing I was thinking was that it could be old oil. The reason I say this is that I bought an 07 model with less than 2,000km on the odometer so it is almost a year old. The dealer told me they checked everything out on delivery but when I called them today they advised me that they did NOT change the oil. So my assumption is that the old oil (almost a year old now) is possibly the cuplrit? Is that a possible reason for slight clacking/knocking at idle? I have an appointment to bring it in tomorrow morning to have a look and have requested that an oil change be made. I know it is still the "break in" oil but if it is about a year old, I think it should be changed even though the oil life indicator still says 70%.

Ron
I have a 2009 honda civic hybrid as well and it ticks as well . I think that its the geometry of the valve train and new lash adjustment or lash caps would solve the problem.
freddy

Old 01-07-2019, 03:29 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Engine Idle Noise

Could also be clogged EGR valve, you can try bypassing the EGR and seeing if the ticking goes away. If it does, then you can clean it out and reconnect it.