HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Exhuast...

Old 04-11-2007, 03:06 PM
Enthusiast
Default Exhuast...

I have an 06 HCH, and I have noticed that when the car is fully warmed up, when accelerating, quite a bit of exhaust comes out the back. I can feel it a few feet away. Also, when accelerating, the exhaust tip will shake and make a sort of vibrating sound. Anyone notice anything similar? Thanks.

Old 04-12-2007, 12:57 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Exhuast...

It's an internal combustion engine! Three things needed to make it run - fuel, air and spark. Byproducts (products of combustion - complete or incomplete) go out the exhaust. You're supposed to have exhaust! Now if you mean you have blue or black smoke that's different (and should be looked at by da dealer) but standard exhaust is a sign of a healthy working engine!

Eric

Old 04-13-2007, 09:45 PM
Eco Accelerometrist

Originally Posted by globalwarming
I have an 06 HCH, and I have noticed that when the car is fully warmed up, when accelerating, quite a bit of exhaust comes out the back. I can feel it a few feet away. Also, when accelerating, the exhaust tip will shake and make a sort of vibrating sound. Anyone notice anything similar? Thanks.
Hummm... If I understand what you are saying correctly, then no. I have not noticed anything like that.

It might be worth lifting the car a little and slide underneath it... just to check for the amount of freeplay in the exhaust line at the different support points. If there's too much then maybe you should have it looked at by the dealership.

Also check to see if the tip has any un-ususal amount freedom. Mine is pretty tight. Could you by any chance have hit the exhaust in a bump or two. Bottoming out a vehicle usually affects the exhaust more severly than other components especially with the lower clearance of our HCH-II's.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 04-18-2007, 05:34 PM
Enthusiast

Hey guys. Let me clarify what I mean. The exhaust tip vibrates quite a bit, and when I accelerate it makes a farting noise, like that of a big, cheap muffler put on a neon or something. It sounds very odd. I am thinking that there must be something wrong because, when I calculate my mileage, I do not make it very high into the 30 mpg range.

Search this Thread

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands