HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Experience with window visors?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 10:52 AM
Enthusiast
Default Experience with window visors?

I'm looking at window rain guards and there are several brands out there.
Does anyone here have good/bad experience with any particular brand?
Thanks,
GL

Old 01-29-2009, 12:24 PM
2nd Hybrid Owner
Default Re: Experience with window visors?

I have the Ventvisor in-channel ones - I had them on my 07 and have them to install on my 09 as soon as the ice goes away. got mine from steve' custom vans.

Avoid the cheap ones on e-bay - they can jam the window tracks. $30.00 wasted as I had to throw them away as window would not close until 3 or 4 tries.
here is their link choose honda civic 06-09 and 2 door or 4 door.

http://www.svcustoms.com/catalog/Aut...ntvisors.shtml

Old 01-30-2009, 06:35 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I have the in-channels also. They work okay. You have to be sure to get the fronts in the channel properly, or the windows won't go up all the way every time. Once seated properly, mine work well.

One warning about the back window shades, though. Most of the web sites that sell them don't tell you that they use double backed tape. You don't have to peel the tape - they fit in relatively tightly and will stay put in city traffic with the windows down. I didn't have any problems until my wife took the car on the highway one day. She was trying to be fuel thrifty, so was driving with the back windows down. The strong wind dislodged one of the visors, and it is now somewhere along the side of I-43. So I now install 3 instead of 4 in the summer.

To be truthful, you really don't need the backs unless you're concerned about how the car looks with only the fronts. Some of the sites sell the fronts as a pair, with the option of adding the backs for a full set. Unless you plan to put the backs in with the adhesive and never remove them, you might want to opt for just the fronts and save a few bucks.

Just to be perfectly clear, the fronts do not use tape and stay put well.

Here are a couple of other places that sell them:

http://www.ultimateautoaccessories.c...PROD/VV/194944

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/se...294965332+9260

Old 01-30-2009, 07:33 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the info guys. It sounds like you have had good luck with AVS. I'm still considering WeatherTech as an alternative to the AVS. Any opinion on one over the other?
Here they are: http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvp...OptChoiceIds=9

GL

Old 01-31-2009, 04:29 AM
Active Enthusiast

I know this might be a total waste of money but I think OEM or Mugen. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will see the visors. If you aren't into JDM you probably won't understand it.

http://www.kingmotorsports.com/category.aspx?cat=8

Old 01-31-2009, 07:11 AM
Enthusiast

Wow, Jayhawk, I guess those are nice but I can't swing $189. Thanks anyway, good site for a lot of stuff I want but can't afford.
GL

Old 01-31-2009, 03:05 PM

Mine are WeatherTech. Good product, with caveat as previously stated.

Old 02-12-2009, 08:36 AM
Enthusiast
Smile Re: Experience with window visors?

To follow up on the vent visors, I just received and installed my visors from Weather Tech. They are first rate quality and installed in 5 minutes. Hint, I put them on the dash and parked the car in the sun. Being warm they were nice and flexible. I would recommend this brand to anyone considering visors.
I got the front only, for 69.95 shipped, direct from Weather Tech.
Thanks for the advice and help.
GL

Old 02-14-2009, 02:52 PM

Congratulations! They should give you years of good service. My parking lot at work is pretty secure, so I have no qualms about cracking the windows in the summer and not worrying about the rain coming in. When I get in the car to drive home, none of that baking heat you get with a tightly closed car.

One other thing - I once wasn't careful when I put mine in the track, got it pinched a little toward the inside of the car, and had a devil of a time with the window operation until I figured out what I did wrong. So if you have window operation problems, be sure to check your install and ensure it is lined up correctly in the track - especially the "hockey stick" part on the lower front of the window.

Enjoy!