HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

FE World Record

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 05:30 PM
Active Enthusiast
Thumbs up FE World Record

Anyone follow the 12 day, 48 state continuous drive by Wayne Gerdes, Jenny and Justin in a 2009 HCH II? They set the Guiness World Record in fuel efficiency achieving 68.54! Truly amazing!

Jess

Old 12-04-2008, 06:17 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: FE World Record

Yes I followed it and am amazed at thier achievement! I wished I new thier driving style? I try, but cannot get close to those numbers! I managed 56mpg over a distance of 2000miles last summer. My speed was 55 -65 mph on average. 1/3 mountains and 2/3 flat land. I just shake my head. I may have to break down and purchase a SG one day! H

Old 12-04-2008, 06:36 PM
Active Enthusiast

I know what you mean Harold. I can definitely hit the mid 60's...it's the consistent low to mid 70's they were doing for quite a while that blows me away. I've only achieved it a couple of times in a days drive.

I wonder what Honda will do with the car...

Old 12-05-2008, 01:56 PM

They should be making something out of it! Should be very good advertising. I think the car company's can use alot of this kind of news! H

Old 12-05-2008, 10:01 PM
Enthusiast

Can someone provide a link to the data on Wayne's trip?

Old 12-06-2008, 04:37 AM
Active Enthusiast

Here you go...

http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17869

Old 12-06-2008, 07:50 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Harold
They should be making something out of it! Should be very good advertising. I think the car company's can use alot of this kind of news! H
How can they use this kind of news? "Here is some anecdotal evidence to fuel unrealistic expectations of the car." You yourself said you couldn't get that kind of mileage even in ideal conditions. If they make something of this they might as well be enticing lawyers to start a class action against them.

Old 12-06-2008, 09:57 AM

I supose you are correct on that one spinner! The Vulture's are allways awaiting!!! H

Old 12-06-2008, 11:38 AM
Active Enthusiast

Anything in the Guinness World Records seems unattainable anyway. I can't imagine this would be looked at as any different.
It makes me feel good to know that I drive a car that is capable of doing it. Perhaps others would feel the same.

Old 12-06-2008, 11:47 AM
Active Enthusiast

while they may not be attainable by normal driving methods (or hypermiling for that matter!) on a good note, it hopefully will show that it is possible and give automakers their next target for efficiency to shoot for. Of course, that is outside of the plug-in hybrids coming (Chevy Volt). I for one, would love to see those figures on everyday driving. Unfortunately, I've taken a big hit with the colder weather here lately on my FE. Gotta block the grille soon, maybe then the engine will hit normal temperature by the time I get to work, 4 miles later!

Quick Reply: FE World Record

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands