HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Feb 11 Looming, Should we opt out?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 08:54 AM
Enthusiast
Default Feb 11 Looming, Should we opt out?

THis is confusing. What happens if we do nothing, are we still included in the laughable $100 settlement? Does this preclude getting any future positive reparations from Honda?
I don't like the deal where we get something in the mail and it sounds like it is a lose-lose for the options given.
If we opt out, are we more elgiible for future settlements?

GL

Old 02-06-2012, 03:41 PM
"Manalo"
Default Re: Feb 11 Looming, Should we opt out?

Should ask yourself, is it worth the time and money to take it even further? Apparently, the lady from CA found it worthy. She was granted almost 10k when it was all said and done. However, she went through a small claims court and represented herself (she was an ex-lawyer). For most HCHII owners, we probably just don't have the time to wait months maybe years to finally settle on a fast depreciating car. I would just take the settlement and sell the car ASAP! Before the value drops even more and your potential buyer/dealer finds out about this issue

Old 02-07-2012, 03:31 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GordonLightfoot
THis is confusing. What happens if we do nothing, are we still included in the laughable $100 settlement? Does this preclude getting any future positive reparations from Honda?
I don't like the deal where we get something in the mail and it sounds like it is a lose-lose for the options given.
If we opt out, are we more elgiible for future settlements?

GL
I think the best solution is to opt-out and sign the petition. Opting out preserves your rights. I'm hoping the Judge rejects the Class Action settlement.

http://www.change.org/petitions/urge...da-settlement#

http://www.dontsettlewithhonda.org/#!opt-out

Old 02-07-2012, 09:57 AM
"Manalo"

Why wait for the inevitable when it comes down to the IMA battery? Even though I had replaced mine and had gotten the software update, it still wouldn't guarantee that it will still work for the next 5 or so years. The car is already out in the market and we're just merely test subjects. As much as I would like to keep this car for as long as I would like (was planning for my 4 year old to learn how to drive when she was old enough). I have a feeling she won't be learning on this car at this rate.

Sell/trade the car while it still has some value left and consider a Hybrid, not Honda or any other gas car that gets reasonable MPG. Then you don't have to worry about a Lemon