HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

First service visit- HCH II

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 09:24 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default First service visit- HCH II

Just had the 15% get oil change alert...called the dealer, they said cost would be $110. I asked "just for the oil change (29 dollars) and tire rotation?" They said no that price for the service appointment that includes those. They claim what the book says and what it needs are two different things (ha ha, sounded rehearsed) What exactly should I ask for-- just the oil change, tire rotation, and check fluids and belts? How have you all worded it when you went to the dealer to get the basics? (I am not handy, I don't want anything missed, but don't want to overpay).

Old 07-17-2006, 09:42 AM
Eco Accelerometrist
Default Re: First service visit- HCH II

I still have not had my first service yet, but I took care to ask the dealership's service department a few questions right after picking up my new HCH2. They quoted me $58 CND for the 0W20 oil change (about $46 US) which is about right.

I also asked them what else would the first visit entail in terms of additional regular maintenance. They told me to consult the vehicle's owners manual as they would follow that unless the service people recommend otherwise upon each oil change visit.

Over the years, I have serviced my past Hondas mostly at this dealership and I know them to be consistent and honest. I cannot say the same for other dealerships in my City. I sugest you probe other dealerships in your area to determine to level of greed.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 07-17-2006, 10:06 AM
PCK
Active Enthusiast

When the Maintenance Minder shows up there should also be a letter or number indicated.
Since this is your first it should be the Letter A, so if you look in your maint. schedule
it indicates only an oil change but you should also get the tire rotation.
Make sure you ask them to use the 0-20W oil.

Also if you haven't already you can register at the Honda Owner Link, it will have
the maint schedule on line. https://www.ahm-ownerlink.com

Just for reference it cost me $65 US for an oil change / tire rotation

Last edited by PCK; 07-17-2006 at 10:09 AM.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:26 AM
Active Enthusiast

Should they charge extra for checking fluids, filters, belts, etc? That is the only thing I can imagine that makes it cost over $100. I will tell them I just want the oil change and tire rotation and ask it they do the rest after they quote me a price.

Old 07-17-2006, 10:28 AM
World's First Hybrid

I would say that $110 is too high for just and oil change and tire rotation. Checking the fluids takes all of 5 minutes max. If you bring your own Mobil 1 0W-20, then they will knock off about $20, (which is about what you're going to pay at wal-mart for the oil anyway). Most honda dealers "create" their own maint schedules and recommended service intervals so they can vacuum more cash from our wallets.

Old 07-17-2006, 12:19 PM
Enthusiast

We bring our HCHII to Walmart for the oil change. The total cost for the change (0W20 Mobile I Syn) and tire rotation is about $57.00

DKeane

Old 07-17-2006, 01:35 PM
Active Enthusiast

I get my 1st service free (which will be b/w 3500-5000 miles) After that, their brocheur shows the scheduled maintenece and those will be pricey if I stay with the dealer.

Old 07-17-2006, 05:11 PM
Enthusiast

I just got mine done for the first time last week around 9600 miles and it cost $41.20. That is an oil change and they checked all the normal stuff and filled my windshield fluid. I rotated the tires myself so I do not know what they would charge.

They did not try to sell me any b/s and did not tell me to change it again in 3000 miles which most dealers still try to push. They said the car will tell me when to do the next service. I knew that, but it was nice to have them also tell me. I almost trust them a little more after this experience.

Old 07-18-2006, 09:03 AM
Active Enthusiast

I emailed my dealer service dept to specifically tell me what the $110 covered for my A1 visit. Here was the reply:

IF THE SERVICE MINDER IS SAYING "A 1" THIS MEANS YOU ARE DO FOR A MINOR SERVICE, OIL AND FILTER CHANGE,TIRE ROATATION, CHECK FRONT AND REAR BRAKES, INSPECT FRONT AND REAR SUSPENSION, VISUALLY INSPECT ENGINE,TRANSMISSION AND FUEL SYSTEMS FOR LEAKS, REFILL ALL FLUIDS AND AIR UP TIRES, THIS SERVICE DONE IN THIS PACKAGE IS $80.00 PARTS LABOR AND TAX.

I think I can live with this. The $110 must have been the 7500 mile "routine visit" for Civics.

Old 07-18-2006, 09:14 AM
World's First Hybrid

110 sounds reasonable to me after careful thought. considering the time it would take for me to jack up the car, put jackstands, remove and rotate tires on one side then the other...in 100deg heat....shheeesh......that could take me all day...then crawl under the car, remove all the snaps that hold the air dam in place, break a few in the process, curse/swear, go to dealer to buy more snaps with wife's car, drain oil, change filter, take oil to local recycling facility, spill oil in process.....sheesh.....

Quick Reply: First service visit- HCH II

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands