HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Front License Plate Frame Assembly

Old 11-11-2006, 06:25 PM
Enthusiast
Talking Front License Plate Frame Assembly

I bought my car in Michigan, where front plates are not required. I live in Illinois where a plate is required on the front. I got a ticket last night so i thought that i should take care of it.

The problem is that i cannot found anywhere to purchase the black license plate attachment so that i can place my plate on my car. Does anyone know where i can get the part online? Any information would help.

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-11-2006, 06:42 PM
Eco Accelerometrist
Default Re: Front License Plate Frame Assembly

I would suggest you check with the closest Honda dealership. They will have the frame that mates well to the contour of the front bumper in your HCH-2.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 11-11-2006, 09:22 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have a frame from the front of my 2007 hybrid civic if you want it. However i notice in your profile it shows that you have an 05?

anyway if you have an 06 or 07 I dont need my front plate mount. Send me a private message or email me about it.

Old 11-12-2006, 01:01 AM
MEAN TO BE GREEN ACTIVIST

Shenfo,

I did a google and found this link:
http://www.hondapartsunlimited.com/s...o=%7C003%7C008
I hope it helps.

Regards,

Old 11-12-2006, 06:31 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Did you register your car in IL or MI. If MI then you don't need it. A lot of times if you take a picture of your car with the front plate on there they will dismiss the case. But, that doesn't always work.

Old 11-13-2006, 12:59 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

We bought our HCH's in Oklahoma & Florida, neither of which requires a front plate. The Okla. dealer provided the front plate frame but didn't install it; we had a local dealer do that for us at the 1st maintenance interval (we like vanity plates!). The Fla. dealer puts the frame on all its cars in order to place its own advertising logo there.

Sounds like the cops in Ill. are real hardcases. My last few years in Texas, I noticed quite a few cars (not out of state) with either no front plate or a vanity plate.

Meanwhile you should lobby your state legislators to abolish the front plate. Arizona did so in the early '90s and suffered no ill effects. And maybe they'll rebate part of the 50% savings in plate-making expenses to you drivers.

Old 12-16-2006, 03:08 PM
Enthusiast

My dealer had the front plate holder on when I purchased the vehicle, they had placed thier dealership cardboard plate inside of it. I had them swiftly remove it before I drove it home. It is nice to live in a state where you don't need a front plate I moved here from VA where you do. The cars just look much better without them.