HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Is greenhybrid near death?

Old 04-25-2009, 10:21 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Is greenhybrid near death?

The 'Discuss' opening page has been dominated by two Prius news stories without any update for nearly 2-1/2 months.

Either...
1. Toyota has slipped some $$$ to this site, or
2. There is some inherent favoritism by the management toward Toyota, or
3. There has been no noteworthy news from any other manufacturer, or
4. Captain GreenHybrid has fallen asleep at the helm, leaving the site to die a peaceful death.

At any rate, the site is a poor shadow of its former self – sad to see.

Old 04-25-2009, 04:43 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent
Default Re: Is greenhybrid near death?

Activity is directly proportional to the price of gasoline.

Old 04-25-2009, 05:50 PM
2nd Hybrid Owner

Its not as busy ( or as fast in response time ) as 8thCivic.com.
I still like the discussions here.

I wonder how many lurkers there are on this board.

I lurked here for 6 weeks before I bought my 2007 HCH II. It did help me validate what I wanted to check before buying a Used HCH-I or HCH-II.

I would not have traded for a newer except the 2009 has VSA and rear disk brakes. Two options I really wanted. I got to use a HCH-II for 5 months for less than $1000. not bad.

Old 04-25-2009, 07:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

Gotta thank the moderators. They kicked out the people that made this board rock with good info and tips galore. Hell ya, I used to come back like an addict every hour just to learn a bit more but then when they kicked out the last contributor that marked the beginning of the slide down the hill.

Too bad. now its just matter of time.

ks

Old 04-25-2009, 07:07 PM
Think green.

The Captain jumped ship.

I never really looked at the articles here anyway; usually I read the ones over at cleanmpg.com
Here I tend to follow the forums more, especially the Honda sections. People try to help one another when they have info or ideas to share, so I appreciate that. The way I figure it is the value of the website is in the member participation.

The thing that really has gone to pot is the database. I liked the old one, although there were problems with cars being in the wrong section (HCHI versus HCHII), but the new "garage" is unorganized and not user-friendly.
I'm just keeping my data in a personal logbook for now. (Actually, I just noticed that the old database still accepts input, so I'm just going to keep logging my tanks in that way. It just looks clearer than the new layout.)

PS: I agree with Kevin.

Last edited by Gairwyn; 04-25-2009 at 07:20 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:26 PM
Arrow Re: Is greenhybrid near death?

I find 8thCivic to be useful sometimes but often immature/hostile. Vtec.com is slow and cumbersome. InsightCentral is limited to... Insights, but a nice tech-savvy group (Insight I owners). Edmunds... too difficult to navigate. CleanMPG, not much participation.

This was a wonderful site... why were people kicked off? Why was the mileage database ruined? Why are the news stories not updated? I, too, spent hours here and now coming back, I can't believe how it's changed. Where is the reunion committee?

Old 04-25-2009, 07:35 PM
Arrow Re: Is greenhybrid near death?

By the way... as I cruise the Honda-related forums and read the excitement about the 2010 Insight, it makes me wish that we still had the camaraderie that existed when the HCHII was first introduced. No energized Civic Hybrid forum exists now, and yet I believe this underdog hybrid is the best-of-the-best and now a better value than ever. I've had my 2009 HCHII for only a month now, yet feel dumb expressing my excitement here and wanting to talk about it with others who are also getting their new cars and discovering the same. It's like... another Civic Hybrid.. ho-hum.

Old 04-25-2009, 07:41 PM
Think green.

Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro
Why was the mileage database ruined?
Heck if I know. I was just comparing the old database versus the new, and there's so much weirdness about the new one that it leaves one speechless. I still can't figure out how the hell to add a tank in there. So I continue on in the old database...

As for the other stuff, I'm guessing it was politics, power struggles, and people not getting along respectfully and just agreeing to disagree when necessary.

PS: Steven, don't feel dumb expressing your excitement about the 2009 HCHII. It's good to hear about the improvements that have evolved over the years with these cars. I can't afford a newer model right now, but it's helpful to learn what others have to say about all the newer model hybrids, and I'm sure that info will come into play someday when I do have to choose a newer car.

Last edited by Gairwyn; 04-25-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:02 PM

The Ford Escape Hybrid section continues to have a large and active discussion forum.

Old 04-26-2009, 06:35 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro
This was a wonderful site... why were people kicked off?
I guess the people were not really kicked off.
but you bad mouth those who really contribute to the community cause you don't like the help they give and then try to make them look bad at every turn..... then why the heck would they hang around GH? The people who give good help to the community don't come here to fight..... but if we make there job harder they also don't wait to get kicked out. we just lose them for good.

ks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is greenhybrid near death?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands