HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

HCH class action settlement?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 03:07 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: HCH class action settlement?

Which is what happens with hybrids. The plugin models are going to be awesome for short trips. Eventually I see them going to 100% electric.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:50 PM
Enthusiast

Yeah, all electric would b e the way to go for short trips, I'm waiting to see what the Volt is like when it comes out.

I still think if they did a better programming job the short trip charging problems wouldn't be so dramatic, for example if the temp is 60 degrees my batteries won't charge until I drive a half of a mile or so, I'm pretty sure a Nimh battery can safely charge at well lower than 60 degrees, and why be so assist happy when the batteries are almost to the forced charge level, stuff like this bugs me about the way they programmed it.

Old 10-25-2009, 06:50 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lucky
I got it too and agree that it appears "legit".

However, I have a real problem with class action lawsuits like this and I think this particular lawsuit is groundless. I routinely achieve the mileage ratings Honda claims for the car. Honda's lawyers obviously feel it is cheaper to settle the class action than fight it and have structured the settlement such that the main benefit occurs if you buy a new Honda, so they think it is a lose-win for them.
Word.

I would add that I *am* pissed at Honda's duplicity in dealing with the rear control arm problem, and its consequences (no tire replacement or partial replacement after the customer puts up a fight). Ditto with Toyota's position on climate change legislation.

I will think twice before buying another Honda (or Toyota) vehicle despite the knowledge that Toyota and Honda make more reliable cars. But frivilous class action suits are not the answer.